Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:35 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:39 pm 
Old School Hero

Cheers Tel. To be honest I reckoned about £150 is a sensible price. Right in the middle of whether I would sell it or not!

Vimes

Post subject: Campagnolo hubs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:37 pm 
Retro Guru

1) front, 32 hole, NOS, cosmetically A-/B+ as there are shallow scratches to one side of the inner hub. Bought as either Croce D'Aune/Chorus.

2) rear, 32 hole, NOS, 8 speed (not Exa Drive), cosmetically A+: unmarked. Advertised as Chorus, but it has a noticeably duller finish compared to the other two hubs (which are "see your reflection" shiny), so I doubt that is accurate.

3) rear, 32 hole, used, 8 speed Exa Drive, cosmetically A-: no scratches or dings, slight mottling of the finish evident on close inspection, only wear to the spoke holes shows it is used, perhaps built-up but not used on the road, NDS marked "Campagnolo Made In Italy". Bought as Chorus.

Photos here.

I wouldn't know how to ID hubs but as noted above, judging by the mirror finish, 1) and 3) are from higher groups than 2).

Any suggestions in this regard gratefully received, as well as prices.

Thanks in advance of your time and trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:57 pm 

sorry to re post ...but think i found the correct location for this.

any ideas on how much my Zipp 2001 is?
i have a set of corima 4 spokes on & also have the disc and tri spoke in the pic.
polymers in beam for soft ride , very fast...adjustable beam.

Zipp 2001 frame, 650c / large beam
oval concept 4 blade forks
SRAM chain set 55 /44
ultegra F brake / zipp R brake
Corima carbon 4 blade wheels 650C
FF rear disc / Hed3 front
custom Union jack vinyl wrap.

many Thanks if you can help ??????

Attachments:
Zipp union jack.jpg
Zipp union jack.jpg [ 40.14 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:13 pm 
Retro Guru

Just wondering on the value of a full shimano 105 groupset circa 1987?

Grouset is as follows;

BRAKE SET- 105 SLR calipers immaculate, some discolouration to brake hoods

FRONT MECH- Immaculate

REAR MECH- Immaculate

DOWNTUBE SHIFTERS- Immaculate

CHAINSET (BIOPACE) - Some shoe rub on cranks, also missing one dust cap r/h crank

HEADSET- Recently serviced so in near new condition, very smooth

PEDALS - Platform 105 pedals still have plastic 105 inserts intact, including new christophe toe clips and white christophe straps, nice and smooth

CLIPLESS PEDALS - 105 clipless pedals, showing some signs of use but in perfect working order

WHEELSET - Recently rebuilt and serviced by mosscrop cycles Southport, covered about 30 miles since, 105 hubs laced to hollow section wienmann rims. Some wear to the laquer on the hubs, rims in great condition, really smooth they roll for ages. Includes the quick release skewers.

I will try to get some pics up tomorrow, but the set is in really good condition. Its currently set up on a raleigh triathlon and is all original to the bike. I don't know if I should strip it off and sell it as a groupset or just sell the complete bike?

Cheers,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:34 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Tom Fox wrote:
I'm considering donating a dark green 1961 Raleigh ladies bike that my mother has owned from new to a social enterprise to do up and sell on. Before I do, I'd be grateful for advice on its value and whether it might be of interest to collectors. I think it's the Roadster model - it has 4 speed sturmey archer gears, dynohub, rod brakes, dual spring Brooks saddle and full chainguard. The dynamo stopped working some decades ago and the lights were removed but otherwise it's in original spec as far as I know. It hasn't been used for about 20 years and would need a good overhaul.

In a "to refurb" state somewhere in the region of £50, refurbed £200'ish perhaps more depends on the quality of the job and whether you can find the right buyer.

Post subject: Re: Campagnolo hubs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:49 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

ScillySuffolk wrote:
1) front, 32 hole, NOS, cosmetically A-/B+ as there are shallow scratches to one side of the inner hub. Bought as either Croce D'Aune/Chorus.

2) rear, 32 hole, NOS, 8 speed (not Exa Drive), cosmetically A+: unmarked. Advertised as Chorus, but it has a noticeably duller finish compared to the other two hubs (which are "see your reflection" shiny), so I doubt that is accurate.

3) rear, 32 hole, used, 8 speed Exa Drive, cosmetically A-: no scratches or dings, slight mottling of the finish evident on close inspection, only wear to the spoke holes shows it is used, perhaps built-up but not used on the road, NDS marked "Campagnolo Made In Italy". Bought as Chorus.

Photos here.

I wouldn't know how to ID hubs but as noted above, judging by the mirror finish, 1) and 3) are from higher groups than 2).

Any suggestions in this regard gratefully received, as well as prices.

Thanks in advance of your time and trouble.

Can't help you identify them but agree with your conclusions regarding the line up.

I'd personally list them at:

1. £35
2. £50
3. £55

And go from there. Obviously NOS stuff goes well on eBay.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:52 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

pembspablo wrote:
sorry to re post ...but think i found the correct location for this.

any ideas on how much my Zipp 2001 is?
i have a set of corima 4 spokes on & also have the disc and tri spoke in the pic.
polymers in beam for soft ride , very fast...adjustable beam.

Zipp 2001 frame, 650c / large beam
oval concept 4 blade forks
SRAM chain set 55 /44
ultegra F brake / zipp R brake
Corima carbon 4 blade wheels 650C
FF rear disc / Hed3 front
custom Union jack vinyl wrap.

many Thanks if you can help ??????

Oooof! How do you put a value on that! :) Bit out of my range of expertise ( I use that therm loosely!).

I really don't even want to ballpark it as I have no idea....You could ebay it at 99p with a ridiculous reserve to see what bidding gets up to :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:57 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

SNight wrote:
Just wondering on the value of a full shimano 105 groupset circa 1987?

Grouset is as follows;

BRAKE SET- 105 SLR calipers immaculate, some discolouration to brake hoods

FRONT MECH- Immaculate

REAR MECH- Immaculate

DOWNTUBE SHIFTERS- Immaculate

CHAINSET (BIOPACE) - Some shoe rub on cranks, also missing one dust cap r/h crank

HEADSET- Recently serviced so in near new condition, very smooth

PEDALS - Platform 105 pedals still have plastic 105 inserts intact, including new christophe toe clips and white christophe straps, nice and smooth

CLIPLESS PEDALS - 105 clipless pedals, showing some signs of use but in perfect working order

WHEELSET - Recently rebuilt and serviced by mosscrop cycles Southport, covered about 30 miles since, 105 hubs laced to hollow section wienmann rims. Some wear to the laquer on the hubs, rims in great condition, really smooth they roll for ages. Includes the quick release skewers.

I will try to get some pics up tomorrow, but the set is in really good condition. Its currently set up on a raleigh triathlon and is all original to the bike. I don't know if I should strip it off and sell it as a groupset or just sell the complete bike?

Cheers,

Is this the 1050 silver groupset or the Pearl White 105sc (think that was later than 87 but to be sure, although valuations for both are about the same.).

Old 105 doesn't fetch a huge premium despite being a sound groupset. I've seen them go from bargain bucket to about £150 maximum. Yours sounds to be in very nice condition so I'd put it at the higher end.

Personally I'm very fond of the 1050 group.

If it is original to the Triathlon then sell it complete if not you'll maximise you dollar by splitting. HTH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 pm 
Retro Guru

Its the 1050 groupset Tel. Just in the process of putting some pics up now.

Cheers. Sean.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:29 pm 
Retro Guru

I was planning on doing this up as a simple single speed, but as im trying to put together a full dura ace set up on the Walvale, needs must!

I was attracted to this frame purely for the reason it is completely chromed. When I got the frame, there were still some remains of the original paint work, which was red and green circles around the tubes, and the slight remains of the words 'sun' on both sides of the top tube.

It was a bit of a mess so decided to completely strip it back and have it all chrome, theres still a small amount of paint to remove. Theres no scratches and to be honest it looks as though its scratch resistant! Very tough the chrome finish.

Just wondering on how much I should ask for it?? With it being slightly unusual.

Thanks,
Sean.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 154  Next