Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:24 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 154  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:22 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi,

I just scored some cheap Mavic 501 hubs laced to some de-stickered but I suspect CXP30 rims with a 7spd screw on block. The rear wheel is missing 3 spokes but the bearings are all good and they're both as true as could be (given the missing spokes). I bought them on gumtree by accident thinking they were freehub not screw on so just wondering what they're worth and if they're of any use to anyone here. Hubs are good, rims are fair condition, tyres and tubes included too :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm 
Old School Hero

I have a Kuota Kharma frame complete with a 9speed ultegra groupset, ambrosio rims (Excellence front, Evolution rear) ITM Millenium bar and stem and Millenium 4eva seatpin.

The right hand ergo is a bit worn out, still shifts if you put pressure on in the right way, so there is a new tiagra unit available to replace it.

Rest of the bike is sound.

It has to go... question is what price? I'm guessing its component parts might be worth more than the bike as a unit. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments:
kuota.jpg
kuota.jpg [ 104.24 KiB | Viewed 567 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm 
Old School Hero

riddim-track wrote:
Hi,

I just scored some cheap Mavic 501 hubs laced to some de-stickered but I suspect CXP30 rims with a 7spd screw on block. The rear wheel is missing 3 spokes but the bearings are all good and they're both as true as could be (given the missing spokes). I bought them on gumtree by accident thinking they were freehub not screw on so just wondering what they're worth and if they're of any use to anyone here. Hubs are good, rims are fair condition, tyres and tubes included too :wink:

While i'm on here.... 501 ain't cheap, they are beautiful long lasting hubs. Get the spokes replaced and offers over £80 if they are CXP30s (usually easy to spot from eyelet casing under rim tape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 am 
Dirt Disciple

Had these Paris Roubaix forks in my loft for about 15 years. Need to know if they are worth putting up for sale on here. Has a long alloy steerer with a thread-less headset and Controltech stem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:19 am 
Old School Hero

So, what do think my early 90's Romani might be worth?

It has been hard to find much out about Romani but they were a well respected Italian frame maker starting out in 1924 and going out of business in 1992/3.

I have found one advert from the importers (Wielersport in Cantley near Doncaster) that shows their frames price range from £170 for the Aelle to £340 for the SLX. This advert is from March '89 and does not include my frame which I think is slightly later. Unfortunately there is no frame decal with the steel type on it. It is a little heavier than my 531 Carlton.

I believe my bike was bought from Wielersport as I bought it from the 2nd owner in Sheffield who told me that he had bought it from the 1st owner in Doncaster.

The bike has a full Shimano 300 Exage groupset in fantastic condition. The bike was dirty when bought, but clearly had not had too much use. I stripped it, cleaned, polished and rebuilt it, replacing the cables (inners and outers) bar tape and chain. I also swapped the white hoods for black ones as I wanted black cloth tape, not the white plastic that was on it.

So it is, I believe, original and one of the last Romanis. The condition is superb all around. There are a few age related marks on the paint work, but no rust at all. The paint is a nice medium/dark blue with a metal flake effect.

So what do you think? I would not sell it if it is only worth £100 or so, but might if it was worth £200 or more as I am currenty rebuilding a '79 Carlton Professional and want to do it credit with good parts and a professional paint job, so the money would be useful.

Cheers in advance! Any information is as welcome as valuations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:51 pm 

Any ideas on the value of a 531c Walvale with dura ace groupset and cinelli wheels??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:19 pm 
Dirt Disciple

How much would this be worth?

Its a 1984 Gazelle Champion Mondial AB Frame - 531c 60cm seat tube.

Full Campag Super Record groupset in very good condition, only exceptions being rear cassette (shimano 600) and hubs which are Campag Record. The hoods have disintegrated and will be replaced with repros. Mavic MA40 rims.

Paint work is not great-lots of patches of rust coming through the paint. Decals are in better condition, but not perfect.

The only picture I have was having stripped and cleaned it, and not quite finished rebuilding it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Wild Woods wrote:
Had these Paris Roubaix forks in my loft for about 15 years. Need to know if they are worth putting up for sale on here. Has a long alloy steerer with a thread-less headset and Controltech stem

A friend had a set and could not sell them for £100 but despite that I'd still value them at £100 just a matter of finding the right buyer....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:22 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Captain Vimes wrote:
So, what do think my early 90's Romani might be worth?

It has been hard to find much out about Romani but they were a well respected Italian frame maker starting out in 1924 and going out of business in 1992/3.

I have found one advert from the importers (Wielersport in Cantley near Doncaster) that shows their frames price range from £170 for the Aelle to £340 for the SLX. This advert is from March '89 and does not include my frame which I think is slightly later. Unfortunately there is no frame decal with the steel type on it. It is a little heavier than my 531 Carlton.

I believe my bike was bought from Wielersport as I bought it from the 2nd owner in Sheffield who told me that he had bought it from the 1st owner in Doncaster.

The bike has a full Shimano 300 Exage groupset in fantastic condition. The bike was dirty when bought, but clearly had not had too much use. I stripped it, cleaned, polished and rebuilt it, replacing the cables (inners and outers) bar tape and chain. I also swapped the white hoods for black ones as I wanted black cloth tape, not the white plastic that was on it.

So it is, I believe, original and one of the last Romanis. The condition is superb all around. There are a few age related marks on the paint work, but no rust at all. The paint is a nice medium/dark blue with a metal flake effect.

So what do you think? I would not sell it if it is only worth £100 or so, but might if it was worth £200 or more as I am currenty rebuilding a '79 Carlton Professional and want to do it credit with good parts and a professional paint job, so the money would be useful.

Cheers in advance! Any information is as welcome as valuations!

Well it's far from high end, more of a top of the range low end if you know what I mean. It is very clean and on that basis may fetch reasonably good money. £200 would be it's upper limit in my humble opinion, I would expect to get between £150 - £175 (in the summer ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

jetblack92 wrote:
How much would this be worth?

Its a 1984 Gazelle Champion Mondial AB Frame - 531c 60cm seat tube.

Full Campag Super Record groupset in very good condition, only exceptions being rear cassette (shimano 600) and hubs which are Campag Record. The hoods have disintegrated and will be replaced with repros. Mavic MA40 rims.

Paint work is not great-lots of patches of rust coming through the paint. Decals are in better condition, but not perfect.

The only picture I have was having stripped and cleaned it, and not quite finished rebuilding it.

The chainset in the picture is Campag Victory....

I'm very fond of these bikes, superb build and a great ride. This is a large example and the paint does look a little tired. If it does have a full SR group then I'd be looking to get £400 - £450 for it, providing the build is a good on. May take a while to find the right buyer at the right size.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 154  Next