Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 154  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I’m having a clear out and I want to sell of these two. I know nothing about the first bike recently pick up and I done nothing with it, the chromes very pitted and there is some paint loss on the lower forks and it needs a dame good clean but it all works a treat.
Is the seat from a Raleigh grifter?

And then with a very heavy hart my much loved 85 Raleigh Record Sprint it a small size and will come with the a gold cassette and the tool to take then off as well as some amber wall tyres ( If I can find them), and period seat. It has a few scratches on the paint and the brake leavers but when was the last time you saw one in this size and condition. It going to hard to part with but need must so how much?

a few more pictures of both bike here:
http://brian07900.pinkbike.com/album/For-sale/?page=2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:41 pm 
Old School Hero

hello, i was wondering if any experts here can help me. I've got a bike, like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Limited-Editi ... 500wt_1413

Its not in brilliant nick put the frame seems okay. Can anybody give me an idea of how much the frame is worth? I'm trying to decide what to do with it.

Post subject: Trek Madone olvc 110
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:25 pm 

Hi, much do you reckon this Trek Madone is worth?

Full Dura-ace and carbon bars/post.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/catchupmon ... 128047164/

2005 I think, don`t known alot about these bikes.

Been offered it at £950, bike has little wear.

Cheers

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 pm 

<Removed since I no longer need a value. Thanks.>

Last edited by NigelMSB on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: whats it worth ? frame ?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:43 pm 
Retro Guru

i wanted to no the value of the bike thinking its to small for me.
wondering with to swap or sell but dont no where to start.

ultegra group set apart from the headset and front mech there shimano 600
carbon seat post
mavic ma3 wheels no longer have the tyres tho
its 9 speed but currently has a 8 speed cassette
profile tt bars with shimano bar end levers

im based in coventry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:22 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Anybody have an idea of what sort of value is placed on working antique cycle rollers like the one pictured here?

Attachments:
037.jpg
037.jpg [ 35.62 KiB | Viewed 1115 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:41 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

El10 wrote:
Anybody have an idea of what sort of value is placed on working antique cycle rollers like the one pictured here?

I would have said around £20? You may get a little more if you hang on until Winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm 
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider

how much would a set of Shimano 600 STI's be worth, in good condition?

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:07 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi Guys,
got a raliegh flyer 50cm frame all very very original some decal scrapes but nothing crazy.
New tyres Claud butler explorers, may need the crank bearing changed (if thats what its called) though not a big job.

Selle san marco seat( may not be origanal , but deffo of the era)

Its the late 80's version (white frame with blue yellow and red decals that fade with small dots) , just a little to small for me : ( almost sad to see it go but my bike collection is becoming untenable as I am finding bikes everywhere.

Attachments:
File comment: not my one but exactly like this and looks in excatly the same condition
dsc_0256_1.jpg
dsc_0256_1.jpg [ 90.99 KiB | Viewed 1061 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:50 pm 
Old School Hero

A couple of weeks ago I had a small crash as an 81 year old lady turned right in front of me as I came downhill at 30mph. Having nowhere to go I hit her and was thrown over the top of the car - I landed on my face, lost a few teeth and have spent a couple of weeks in hospital having cuts stitched and facial fractures reset. I have the joy of having four teeth replaced in the next few months, but that's not a worry as at least I'm alive.
She admits responsibility and her insurers have told me they will do the necessary - my lawyers may help them in that regard!
The damage to my bike is fairly significant. A pair of badly buckled wheels, the front has a bent axle and skewer, mangled handlebars and headset and my frame is a write-off. The forks are bent far back and the headtube is adrift from the bonded lugs top and bottom. My lawyers have asked me to get a valuation, which would be easy for a modern frame but not something my LBS are really able to do, so I thought I'd ask here.
My bike is a lovingly created replica of Fignon's 1989 Super U TdF ride. She is a Dynatech 600, 2060 Reynolds tubing, and was complete with full period correct C Record Delta groupset - 28 hole BSC threaded hubs, 3 pivot Delta brakes with white bellows and wheel guides, Powergrade levers with white hoods, 27.2mm aero seat pin, band-on front mech, second generation rear mech, BSC threaded headset, BSC threaded 111mm bottom bracket, 175mm crankset, correct pearl-white cable outers for both brakes and rear mech. Other kit is Simplex Retrofriction shifters, Selle Italia Turbo black leather saddle with WCS stripes, 6 speed SunTour Winner Pro freewheel, ITM black 135mm stem (possibly bent in the headtube), Raleigh-branded ITM handlebars, first generation TIME Titan Magnesium Pro Equipe pedals, Specialites TA alloy bottle cages, Benotto tricolour handlebar tape, Wolber aero Profil 20mm tub rims, Schwalbe Milano tubs.

A friend has suggested about £2,000 to put such a bike together again - I would guess that she has cost me about £1,500, and could go through my eBay history to confirm this - what do you think I should be claiming for from the insurance company?

I can't load a picture for some reason, I'll try to add one tomorrow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 154  Next