Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:49 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 154  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:32 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

little jim wrote:
Seeing as no-one seems to know how much a bike with a groupset attached is worth, how about a complete 1988 campagnolo athena groupset in pretty much mint condition. It even has campagnolo leather straps on the pedals.

If the groupset has wheels/hubs then it's worth a lot more. If the Aero brakes have white hoods in good shape then this too can effect price. Basic groupset with brakes, chainset & gears can be worth around £150 however with wheels/hubs and white hoods you could add £100 to this price. Though this is based purely on recent eBay auctions. Odd as it seems, sometimes the groupset can be worth more than the complete bike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:41 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

agentorange wrote:
If the groupset has wheels/hubs then it's worth a lot more. If the Aero brakes have white hoods in good shape then this too can effect price. Basic groupset with brakes, chainset & gears can be worth around £150 however with wheels/hubs and white hoods you could add £100 to this price. Though this is based purely on recent eBay auctions. Odd as it seems, sometimes the groupset can be worth more than the complete bike.

Ok, cheers for that mate. Looks like I've got a groupset to take apart and box up then :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:11 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Got this early 1983 Saracen 531 reynolds frame, what do you think it's worth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:37 pm 
Dirt Disciple

robgod wrote:
Saw a similar Concorde frame with Ali lugs on eBay ... went for 299 with carbon forks.. no idea if British eagle is a collectors item though

Thanks for the info, I was more curious than anything. Don't think I'll be selling up any time soon but good to know :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:20 am 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

meadow wrote:
To see a world in a granda of stand.And a heaven in a wild flower.Hold infinity in the palm your hand and eternity in an hour.

If you're going to troll and quote some crap then at least quote it right!

Granda of stand indeed - 'grain of sand', numpty!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:00 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

I'm looking at maybe selling my Raleigh SDC as it's not being used (currently in the loft!) but I've no idea of it's true value - any opinions please? Thanks :)

DSC01340 by Rookilo, on Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Very nice.

I've not seen a complete bike like this for sale, but I would have thought the frame alone is worth over £200. I saw a Carbon frame (same age) go for £300

So with Dura-ace on it, I would have thought you could expect £600 - £800 especially as its looks in such good condition.

But with "antiques" like this, it all depends who's buying. You could get a hell of alot more if you get a fan of the breed interested.

Rob
PS. I'm not in the trade....just going by what i've seen on ebay etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:59 pm 
Retro Guru

Trying to scrape some cash together for a summer holiday so thinking of selling my Giant Cadex CFR-3 (1995) frameset. Lovely deep purple colour, Time carbon 1" threadless forks and Campagnolo Chorus headset and seat post. The frame has had hardly any use and been stored since 1996 according to the guy I bought it off.

Was going to be a winter project but built a steel Basso instead with the components I had set aside for it. This one has to go, just not sure what to ask as its a bit unusual. Will get some pics up later.

Edit: Just found its the same frame as the CFR-3 in this link to the Cadex catalogue on this site: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/10847-2/Giant_Cadex.pdf?g2_GALLERYSID=7b379b74f92ec1756f96c56660980242

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:14 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Always wondered what this might be worth, its a Klein Quantum 93 in Sunrise I believe. Campag Centaur 2008 10 speed group and Ksyrium Elites. Decided not to go the NOS route for components, not sure if that was the right decision in hindsight. Also not 100% sure it's the original paintwork and don't know how to be sure either way. Any ideas??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 pm 
Dirt Disciple

pirate wrote:
Hi All

Looking to sell my old Ti Raleigh, have upgraded (downgraded in some eyes lol) a while back to a Campagnolo carbon 10 speed groupset, with a compact full carbon FSA team issue crankset

Really not sure what to ask for it, feel my pricing may be overwhelmed by my affection for the old bird lol

Anyway, if a few of you could give me an idea on her worth i would appreciate it

Frame Raleigh Special Products IMI Titanium
1" Carbon fork (alloy crown)
FSA Team Issue crankset
10 speed Carbon Record Brake/ergos
10 speed Carbon Record Rear Dérailleur
10 speed Carbon Record Front Dérailleur
Record front/rear bake calipers
Thompson Aheadset
Deda 215 Shallow bars
Mavic 36h rims on Campagnolo Record Hubs
Michelin Pro3 Race Tyres

weight 8.5kg (+/- 1kg, damn those bathroom scales lol)

Cheers

Pirate

Adding better pics....

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12209618/IMGP4209_PEF_shotwell.jpg[img]

Cheers[/img]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 154  Next