Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:43 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 154  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 am 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

That is an interesting bike you have there. An early Klein road bike. I would think it is earlier than the bike pictured in the 1985 catalogue >>

http://equusbicycle.com/bike/klein/trul ... index.html

Such a bike will be very rare in UK and that makes is not easy to stick a value on it. When was the last time we saw one selling? :?

Of Klein mountainbikes I know there is a substantial fan base that is willing to pay substantial amounts. I am not sure whether similar applies to Klein's roadbikes.

Do you know whether it is all Suntour Cyclone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:42 am 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

Me again. It is probably later than what I initially assumed. The Cyclone mech points in that direction and the 1989 catalogue in Retrobike's Gallery 2 does the same >>

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... e2ae929af5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:51 pm 

Thank you very much, thats really interesting.

The mech does appear to be all Suntour Cyclone based on a quick look.

Are there any other avenues I might pursue on how I might further identify exactly what bike this is and how I might be able to put a value to it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:47 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

What you could try is Bike Forums (but that is US) or approach a Klein enthousiast site, like for example Wundel's >>

www.wundel.com

Alternatively, in this specific case, it can possibly also be wise to ask the people in the MTB section of Retrobike for a valuation. Maybe some Klein MTB aficionados can tell you more on your bike.

If you want to sell you could improve your bike with a Selle Italia Turbo seat (and raise the seat a bit) and fresh tape (and turn the bar a little). Be carefull with the hoods.

If I allow myself the freedom to do an estimate I would say in 400-500 range, but consider this as a kind of last resort advise in case more knowledgable don't come up with anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:51 pm 
Retro Guru

any ideas on buildyear/value?

thx

Post subject: Ribble 653 Value
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:08 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Havent got any photos as yet because its always dark. Want to sell but not sure of value.

60cm Riblle 653, columbus dropouts, cinelli lugs, bb shell etc, paint work not excellent but ok. mostly 105 7 speed group set all in good cond. turbo saddlle, cinneli stem and bars, mavic rims

currently set up with rsx stis but will sell with original levers / shifters as well.

was thinking £200 ono - would that be about right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:22 pm 
Retro Guru

what would you pay for this Gazelle Formula with reynolds 531 tubing in good condition (see pictures)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I bought a Swinnerton road bike at an auction today and I was wondering if anyone has any info on it. I have never heard of Swinnerton before, but the frame looks well built. I really bought the bike for the group, which is Campy C-Record (I think).

Any info on the bike would be great and a value would be appreciative.

Columbus Max tubing, chromed fork, headtube, and chainstays. Mavic Cosmic front wheel, Hope rear hub with an unknown rim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:56 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

I really hope you have plans to save that! Lovely bike under all that neglect.

Swinnerton is a well respected brand and obviously Max tubing is high end. Groupset is indeed C-Record.

Value wise as it stands probably about £200 - £250 maybe a little more. Clean and tidy, swap the wheels for a matchiing pair and for Gods sake remove that rack and providing it all cleans up fine I'd expect £500+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:46 am 
Dirt Disciple

Tel wrote:
I really hope you have plans to save that! Lovely bike under all that neglect.

Actually, I bought it for resale. I paid the equivalent of £128.83 for it with the hopes the groupset was C-Record.

Tel wrote:
Value wise as it stands probably about £200 - £250 maybe a little more. Clean and tidy, swap the wheels for a matchiing pair and for Gods sake remove that rack and providing it all cleans up fine I'd expect £500+

The bike will be completely stripped and cleaned. The rack and handlebar extensions will be removed. I will take pics as the cleaning progresses.

Ian

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 154  Next