Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:59 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 154  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:12 am 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 8171
Location: a proper EU country
It is for sure a high end bike with nice detailling on the Deltas and quality tubing and parts. Did you replace the stem in the picture with a traditional quil stem or again with an ahead stem with adapter? The pics do not really give an impression of the condition. The bike is for sure a used bike, but the level of use/wear is a bit unclear.

With those pics and in pictured setup I would say 450-500 gbp.

Are there people who are more into Italian bikes that have an idea?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: :-)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Bucharest
traditional stem, as the guy from paletti factory confirmed
your estimation makes me laugh though
you'd probably say it has the same price as a koga pro or something
campagnolo c record ergo group with deltas, rolls titanium, fir rims, revolution spokes, c record hubs, new hoods, tape and tire on a columbus el tubing. with the original stickers on their place
the paintwork is in very good condition, a few chips(the pedals paint isn't sexy any more)
from the same photos dudes from us on bikeforums.net estimated my bicycle around 1200usd
the bicycle is cleaned up now and i will put it on the bay
cheers



Elev12k wrote:
It is for sure a high end bike with nice detailling on the Deltas and quality tubing and parts. Did you replace the stem in the picture with a traditional quil stem or again with an ahead stem with adapter? The pics do not really give an impression of the condition. The bike is for sure a used bike, but the level of use/wear is a bit unclear.

With those pics and in pictured setup I would say 450-500 gbp.

Are there people who are more into Italian bikes that have an idea?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:58 am 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 8171
Location: a proper EU country
I sincerelly did my utmost to answer your what is worth question. If you do not like the outcome I am sorry, but please do not feel offended. If the people on BF tell you it is worth 1200 dollar, than I recommend you to ship it to US. I can't speak for UK, but in the lowlands you wouldn't be able to sell the Paletti for nowhere near that amount. Seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Bucharest
thanks for the answers but it's a certain thing you have no idea what you're talking about
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flawless-MINT ... 2eb8744ce4
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campagnolo-C- ... 2eb8721429
those might look shinier polished etc. but i also sell the group with a pair of wheels and a top build frame. i also polished my hubs when i bought the new spokes, and i polished the seat post, changed the cables.
i will probably send it to a friend living in london, so he will post it, might be better to have a different location.
anyhow, i will post hot photos and enough with my opinions here. cheers


Elev12k wrote:
I sincerelly did my utmost to answer your what is worth question. If you do not like the outcome I am sorry, but please do not feel offended. If the people on BF tell you it is worth 1200 dollar, than I recommend you to ship it to US. I can't speak for UK, but in the lowlands you wouldn't be able to sell the Paletti for nowhere near that amount. Seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 8171
Location: a proper EU country
cesafacamah wrote:
thanks for the answers but it's a certain thing you have no idea what you're talking about
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flawless-MINT ... 2eb8744ce4
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campagnolo-C- ... 2eb8721429
those might look shinier polished etc. but i also sell the group with a pair of wheels and a top build frame. i also polished my hubs when i bought the new spokes, and i polished the seat post, changed the cables.
i will probably send it to a friend living in london, so he will post it, might be better to have a different location.
anyhow, i will post hot photos and enough with my opinions here. cheers


Maybe the idea of what I am talking about is more accurate than what you suggest, but it depends on what you want with it. If you advertise all individual parts well polished neatly pictured on international eBay, yes than you will generate more money. But that is not how you presented the bike here.

If I purchase such from my lbs than it is a typical 100 euro bike. Untill a year ago that would be a typical 250 euro max bike through my local classified site. That is also fact.

Good luck with the sale.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:39 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
I think that you need to consider that people on e-bay are asking these prices but that doesn't mean they actually get them. There are some ludicrous valuations put on some items. I have a good laugh every now and again when I trawl through the pages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 8171
Location: a proper EU country
I digged up the BikeForums thread >>

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... fy-Paletti

One poster informs you " Fair street value in the U.S. $1200 +"

On the streets in A'dam it would be a tenner. Would be illegal however as it is not allowed to buy bikes of junkies.

I also read you paid "$400".

From that perspective I am not far off with my initial estimate. You could even say I am quite ambitious or generous.

Finally I read: "i am thinking to sell it, because the frame is dissapointingly heavy", "too heavy", "very heavy", "bulky and heavy"

My Koga FullPro isn't heavy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:17 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Bucharest
you should stay to your koga then mate
i've been watching campy parts and bikes a dozen times, and i saw how they sell
you have no idea what you're talking about, but you got it personal like a child
let me know when you find this bike for 100e, i will buy 10 from you
from your calculation, you would probably trade 3 bikes equiped campagnolo c record with one koga miyata full pro. that's strange again.
i understand you have to take your bussiness to the best level, but the fact that i found the bicicycle with that price is just my luck





Elev12k wrote:
I digged up the BikeForums thread >>

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... fy-Paletti

One poster informs you " Fair street value in the U.S. $1200 +"

On the streets in A'dam it would be a tenner. Would be illegal however as it is not allowed to buy bikes of junkies.

I also read you paid "$400".

From that perspective I am not far off with my initial estimate. You could even say I am quite ambitious or generous.

Finally I read: "i am thinking to sell it, because the frame is dissapointingly heavy", "too heavy", "very heavy", "bulky and heavy"

My Koga FullPro isn't heavy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:18 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:53 pm
Posts: 126
Location: Bucharest
that's also true
Old Ned wrote:
I think that you need to consider that people on e-bay are asking these prices but that doesn't mean they actually get them. There are some ludicrous valuations put on some items. I have a good laugh every now and again when I trawl through the pages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Klein Quantum
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:11 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 pm
Posts: 2
Location: London, England
Hi guys

I have a Klein Quantum bike that I think is a few years old, and I'm just trying to find out some information on it with a view to getting an accurate as possible a valuation, and then potentially selling it.

The bike was brought over to London from the US a few years ago. The year of the patent was 1977 and the only serial number I can find is Q50F which is stamped on the frame near the back wheel. I have taken the C-C measurement which is 57cm and the C-T is 62 cm.

To be honest I am not an expert, and so any advice anyone could help me out with as regards the bike and a potential valuation would be extremely helpful.

See pic below - I have more.

Thanks a lot[/img]



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Bike.jpg
Description:

Filesize: 385.64 KB
Viewed: 38 Time(s)


Attachments:
Red Bike.jpg
Red Bike.jpg [ 385.64 KiB | Viewed 1678 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 154  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group