Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:04 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 154  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:19 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi everyone. Great forum, been lurking in mtb's for a couple of years so thought i'd say hello over here!

I have a Peugeot Optimum 14 speed road bike from (I think) the late eighties. It has Reynolds 531, Mavic rims, Shimano RX100 groupset and its original Wolber amberwalls, all in mint condition. Currently fitted with 105 sti levers, but thinking of refitting the original RX100 aero levers and downtube gear change levers (also mint condition).

Anyway, all comments welcome and was wondering if someone knows how much it might be worth now?

Cheers everyone, and keep those classic rides coming. Love it!

Attachments:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 147.7 KiB | Viewed 1488 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:05 am 

i was wondering if anybody can tell me the value of this bike. Its a raleigh concord from the 80's. I believe it has all original parts and is in GREAT condition, paint without a scratch and everything kept in perfect condition. tires of course are crap and need replacing but thats it. It also has a kick stand and front brake but i took them off to cut weight. I just want it for commuting but after be told of its originallity and value this could have to someone i would be glad to see it in the hands of someone who would really appreciate its age [img]http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/6881003/[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:43 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Pug maybe worth about £150. Putting the downtube shifters and original levers on will probably not increase the value, it's not a particularly collectible bike so its a toss up between originality and practicality, either could win.

The Raleigh is nothing special although loks very clean price wise I'd say £60'ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:45 am 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

Actually that Pug does look rather mint, think I'd refit the RX100 bits push for £200 (because of the condition) and sell the STI's separately should be worth about £40+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:26 am 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear

Old Kit wrote:
Hi all, Years ago I decided to build a road bike, the wheels on this are as follows, front- Campagnolo Record large flange hub with Mavic open 4CD rim Double butted spokes, 32 spoke. Hub was used but very clean.
new bearing cups and cones fitted.
Rear was a new Campagnolo record large flange hub which i bought from LBS 28 spoke With SS Double butted spokes and open 4CD.
Both had tyres fitted but have never been used.
the bike has been kept in the house/loft since about 1992 when it got left as an unfinished project. (Yes I know they dont match)
Should i sell as a pair or single wheels only? and What are they worth these days?
Thanks Kit. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:14 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

i've been offered a lovely campag gruppo at a lovely price...

i'm interested to know how much the following items may be worth as a result.

all items are in EXCELLENT condition, i'd say much of it barely used, as seen here

http://retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=ribble

Shiamno 600 Stuff

Chainset
Rear Derailleur
Front Derailleur (28.6 band)
STIs

all in excellent condition. i can probably spare the calipers for a proper completist

and

shimano 105 hubs 8 speed, on Mavic MA40 rims. both smooth as butter, rims straight and barely any wear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:38 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

ededwards wrote:
Old Kit wrote:
Hi all, Years ago I decided to build a road bike, the wheels on this are as follows, front- Campagnolo Record large flange hub with Mavic open 4CD rim Double butted spokes, 32 spoke. Hub was used but very clean.
new bearing cups and cones fitted.
Rear was a new Campagnolo record large flange hub which i bought from LBS 28 spoke With SS Double butted spokes and open 4CD.
Both had tyres fitted but have never been used.
the bike has been kept in the house/loft since about 1992 when it got left as an unfinished project. (Yes I know they dont match)
Should i sell as a pair or single wheels only? and What are they worth these days?
Thanks Kit. :)

Hmm??? Difficult one that eh, what with the spoke count being round the wrong way....I think I would initially try selling them as a pair for about £100 - £120'ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:42 pm 
Road Moderator
Road Moderator

cce your 600 group does look in lovely condition but alas, as I'm sure you know, Shimano doesn't demand the premium that Campag does.

Because of the condition though I reckon you may still be able to get somewhere near the £200 mark for the groupset, inc calipers (STI's can go for £100 on their own on the bay).

Good condition MA40 wheels should fetch about £70'ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:22 pm 

Frogskins wrote:
Hi everyone. Great forum, been lurking in mtb's for a couple of years so thought i'd say hello over here!

I have a Peugeot Optimum 14 speed road bike from (I think) the late eighties. It has Reynolds 531, Mavic rims, Shimano RX100 groupset and its original Wolber amberwalls, all in mint condition. Currently fitted with 105 sti levers, but thinking of refitting the original RX100 aero levers and downtube gear change levers (also mint condition).

Anyway, all comments welcome and was wondering if someone knows how much it might be worth now?

Cheers everyone, and keep those classic rides coming. Love it!

Could you tell me if it has 531 front forks please? I resprayed mine and want to get the correct 531 decals. I thought I remembered it having 531 front forks but since getting it re-sprayed I am no longer sure! I want to keep it authentic re Reynolds decal claims :)
It's a great bike. Refurbed it after it had been languishing in my garage for 20 years or so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi Smugpug. In answer to your question, yes it has 531 forks. Good luck with the refurb :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 154  Next