Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:31 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 159  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:26 pm 
Retro Guru

It would go for about £100 on ebay :wink:

Post subject: C4 TT BIKE?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:41 pm 

Hallo,

I am having the oportunity to buy this vintage TT bike:

see attachment!!

parts:
full Dure-Ace, Spengle carbon 28" rearwheel, front wheel Spinergy 26 Zoll, 3 T Lenker

... well the parts realy retro

hm, what do you think is this TT bike worth??

think this special C4 frame is very rare?

is it the same as the "BIANCHI C4 project" ?

is anyone ridden such a frame in past? experiences?

whats on your mid about that?

THX for requests.

kind regards

Attachments:
87_-1219502150.jpg
87_-1219502150.jpg [ 21.22 KiB | Viewed 3402 times ]

Post subject: Re: C4 TT BIKE?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:13 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

gotan wrote:
Hallo,

I am having the oportunity to buy this vintage TT bike:

see attachment!!

parts:
full Dure-Ace, Spengle carbon 28" rearwheel, front wheel Spinergy 26 Zoll, 3 T Lenker

... well the parts realy retro

hm, what do you think is this TT bike worth??

think this special C4 frame is very rare?

is it the same as the "BIANCHI C4 project" ?

is anyone ridden such a frame in past? experiences?

whats on your mid about that?

THX for requests.

kind regards

Interesting, not many of them about although there is one local to me that I see occasionally. I've spoken to the owner and he likes it - but he isn't what I would call an 'experienced' cyclist so possibly doesn't have any comparative knowledge. I have a road test of one in an old 'Cycling' magazine which I can try and scan for you.

If the price is right (but no idea what 'right' is unfortunately, especially in Austria) I'd buy it just for the novelty!

Post subject: Re: C4 TT BIKE?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:46 pm 

hallo,

OLD NED

the seller wants around 1500 USD, so its much to high I think.

its a rare bike frame, but the question realy is, is it just for the wall or also a proper bike for riding.

would be great to get some more informations about that frame, found not to much on web, jsut on the C4 webpage, there is something about history, but its little information.

THX

kind regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:22 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

I am not sure, but I seem to recall a Colnago that looked like that. If you buy such, you would have to see the fun of it. For riding in the 1st place there are a lot better suited and cheaper alternatives.

I can't tell you what it is worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:53 am 

Elev12k wrote:
I am not sure, but I seem to recall a Colnago that looked like that. If you buy such, you would have to see the fun of it. For riding in the 1st place there are a lot better suited and cheaper alternatives.

I can't tell you what it is worth.

hi, there was the "CINELLI CINETICA Giotto" seems to be nearly the same type of frame.

...but also colnago had a C35 frame which was a bit simmilar.

so its clear, this kind of bikes more for history than for performance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:15 pm 
Old School Hero

fluroforks wrote:
I'm going to pick up a "Mecacycle" over the weekend, french built in the 80's. The rear wheel protudes through the seat tube giving a much shorter wheelbase.

No pics yet and i'm not sure what size the frame is although the owner is 5 10 and he says it suited him.

I only want some of the Record off it, it's not the right era so i'm not concerned about breaking it up. If anyone can put a value on the frame I'd be interested, all I know so far is that its a very unusual.

I have one I've rebuilt, bought the frame for £50. If you are thinking of selling the frame, let me know.

Gordon

Post subject: Mavic SSC rims; Value?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:52 am 

Hi. Can anyone tell me how how much a set of mint, 1982, unbuilt 36-hole Mavic Special Service De Course rims might fetch?

The rims also have a "history" in that they come from the unused stock of a certain 1982 European Professional Team that had on its roster one of the legends of the sport. In fact, I bought them from him back in 1991. They have sat in my attic since then and they aren't going to get built or used by me so maybe a collector might want them. Is there much of a market for old components like these?

I am restoring a 1987 BMX at the moment and the cost of some of the components for it are fairly high. There seems to be a huge interest in restoring old BMX bikes. Is it the same with classic lightweight bikes? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.

Dolan Driver.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 pm 

I have a mercian stronglight bike, front mech is Suntour, rear mech campagnolo super record along with I believe the brakes. Frame and forks are Reynolds 753
Looking to sell as its not been used for a couple of years, any help on what kind of price to ask greatly appreciated. Please be gentle to this newbie.

Sorry can't get photos to be a decent size but can be seen at flickr, can't link as too new but there are on kazste photostream.

Again any help greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:51 am 
Old School Grand Master

stekaz wrote:
I have a mercian stronglight bike, front mech is Suntour, rear mech campagnolo super record along with I believe the brakes. Frame and forks are Reynolds 753

Here you go:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57296626@N ... 514299283/

Mercians are in favour these days. There aren't that many around in 753, and yours looks to be in good condition with original paint. If you were to split it to sell on eBay, you might get £200 for the frame and fork, perhaps £50 for the rear derailleur, the same for the brake levers and the same again for the calipers. If the bars and stem are Cinelli they might fetch another £40 or so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 159  Next