Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:07 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:08 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 12:12 pm
Posts: 2048
Location: Bournemouth
That Gios has Century finish C-Record, lovely.
Yes, rather desirable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:03 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:23 pm
Posts: 916
Location: in bike-therapy
Really good condition...Worth?


Attachments:
IMG_20180505_114302-1-1.jpg
IMG_20180505_114302-1-1.jpg [ 164.11 KiB | Viewed 1467 times ]
IMG_20180505_114249-1-1.jpg
IMG_20180505_114249-1-1.jpg [ 189.7 KiB | Viewed 1467 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:56 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:26 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Northumberland
Bought new in the 1990s by a relative who had to stop cycling shortly after due to a health condition. I don't know if he ever rode it, I recently did about 10 miles just to try it and it rides perfectly.

Built and supplied by Eddie McGrath Cycles in Urmston.
60cm frame in pink and white team colours.
Campagnola brakes, gears, chainset, cranks, seat post, hubs.
Turbo Special saddle.
Mavic Open 4 CD rims.
Hutchinson Kevlar HP22 tyres.
Shimano 600 pedals.
Cinelli handlebars.

All completely original, just a few marks and scuffs picked up whilst in storage or transport over the years. Could it be worth around £500 given almost unused condition?

All thoughts much appreciated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:59 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 12:12 pm
Posts: 2048
Location: Bournemouth
simont wrote:
Bought new in the 1990s by a relative who had to stop cycling shortly after due to a health condition. I don't know if he ever rode it, I recently did about 10 miles just to try it and it rides perfectly.

Built and supplied by Eddie McGrath Cycles in Urmston.
60cm frame in pink and white team colours.
Campagnola brakes, gears, chainset, cranks, seat post, hubs.
Turbo Special saddle.
Mavic Open 4 CD rims.
Hutchinson Kevlar HP22 tyres.
Shimano 600 pedals.
Cinelli handlebars.

All completely original, just a few marks and scuffs picked up whilst in storage or transport over the years. Could it be worth around £500 given almost unused condition?

All thoughts much appreciated.


Probably depends on the frame material and exactly what Campagnolo groupset it is - a lot of difference between Mirage and Record....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:11 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:26 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Northumberland
MatBH5 wrote:
simont wrote:
Bought new in the 1990s by a relative who had to stop cycling shortly after due to a health condition. I don't know if he ever rode it, I recently did about 10 miles just to try it and it rides perfectly.

Built and supplied by Eddie McGrath Cycles in Urmston.
60cm frame in pink and white team colours.
Campagnola brakes, gears, chainset, cranks, seat post, hubs.
Turbo Special saddle.
Mavic Open 4 CD rims.
Hutchinson Kevlar HP22 tyres.
Shimano 600 pedals.
Cinelli handlebars.

All completely original, just a few marks and scuffs picked up whilst in storage or transport over the years. Could it be worth around £500 given almost unused condition?

All thoughts much appreciated.


Probably depends on the frame material and exactly what Campagnolo groupset it is - a lot of difference between Mirage and Record....


Reynolds 2070 performance enhanced tube set. Where will I find the Campag type/number?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:24 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 12:12 pm
Posts: 2048
Location: Bournemouth
That’s 653-level and I’ve seen it bonded to alloy lugs on the Raleigh range in early ‘90’s.
Campagnolo very difficult - photos best way to judge!
Mat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:26 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Northumberland
Yes, bonded as far as I know. Photos to come when I can reduce them sufficiently


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:10 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:26 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Northumberland
simont wrote:
Yes, bonded as far as I know. Photos to come when I can reduce them sufficiently


Attachments:
IMG_4731r.jpg
IMG_4731r.jpg [ 159.63 KiB | Viewed 1423 times ]
IMG_4730r.jpg
IMG_4730r.jpg [ 323.02 KiB | Viewed 1423 times ]
IMG_4728r.jpg
IMG_4728r.jpg [ 155.85 KiB | Viewed 1423 times ]
IMG_4727r.jpg
IMG_4727r.jpg [ 196.43 KiB | Viewed 1423 times ]
IMG_4724r.jpg
IMG_4724r.jpg [ 186.55 KiB | Viewed 1423 times ]
IMG_4722r.jpg
IMG_4722r.jpg [ 335.48 KiB | Viewed 1423 times ]
IMG_4721r.jpg
IMG_4721r.jpg [ 229.34 KiB | Viewed 1423 times ]
IMG_4719r.jpg
IMG_4719r.jpg [ 407.23 KiB | Viewed 1423 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:13 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 4:02 pm
Posts: 1
Hi, it's my first time on the forum. I have a c. 1985 TI-Raleigh Ilkeston bike which I have owned since 1987, and which is in need of some TLC/restoration. It's frame number SB7353 and is a 57cm frame, finished in dark blue and red with white Raleigh logos. 531 professional tubing, and a mix of contemporary components -- Campag brakes, Simplex derailleur, Cinelli stem, 3T's bars, Mavic cranks, and MA40's built on 510 hubs. The condition is OK, but there are a few rusty areas, so it will definitely need a partial respray to look it's absolute best. I am looking to establish a reasonable value for the bike -- I am open to offers, and can send a full pack of photos to anyone interested in purchasing, but otherwise would like to know what reserve to set if I auction it on eBay. Thanks. Couple of photos attached:


Attachments:
Raleigh2.jpg
Raleigh2.jpg [ 193.38 KiB | Viewed 1236 times ]
Raleigh1.jpg
Raleigh1.jpg [ 265.63 KiB | Viewed 1236 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:37 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 3:35 pm
Posts: 2
Hello, I am new to the forum and was looking for help concerning a Holdsworth that was recently donated to the non-profit shop that I volunteer at. Would much appreciate any info on the model and value, and I am curious as to whether the paint is original or a respray. Frame and fork serial numbers match. All Campy, except the wheels are Shimano (600?) hubs. Thanks!


Attachment:
20171215_132549 - Copy.jpg
20171215_132549 - Copy.jpg [ 269.63 KiB | Viewed 1175 times ]

Attachment:
20171215_132643 - Copy.jpg
20171215_132643 - Copy.jpg [ 116.57 KiB | Viewed 1175 times ]

Attachment:
20171215_132625 - Copy.jpg
20171215_132625 - Copy.jpg [ 156.94 KiB | Viewed 1175 times ]

Attachment:
20171215_134126 - Copy.jpg
20171215_134126 - Copy.jpg [ 250.31 KiB | Viewed 1175 times ]

Attachment:
20171215_134137 - Copy.jpg
20171215_134137 - Copy.jpg [ 261.27 KiB | Viewed 1175 times ]

Attachment:
20171215_132703 - Copy.jpg
20171215_132703 - Copy.jpg [ 173.79 KiB | Viewed 1175 times ]

Attachment:
20171215_125930 - Copy.jpg
20171215_125930 - Copy.jpg [ 215.27 KiB | Viewed 1175 times ]

Attachment:
20171215_131416 - Copy.jpg
20171215_131416 - Copy.jpg [ 144.96 KiB | Viewed 1175 times ]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mandobob, Piperdave and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group