Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:44 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 154  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:02 pm 
Old School Hero

My late 50's sun birmingham manxman.

anyone know what its worth thinking of selling to fund new build.

taking to bikeshop in morning to have them adjust the gears and that should be it in full working order :)

£150-175? or what sounds right?

new fizik tape
wright olympic saddle
original stem and cranks
campag valentino rear, simplex front and mechs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:34 am 
Retro Guru

Hey, I've just come across a vintage Guerciotti cross bike,
same frame as the one from ELEV12K in this thread:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51290

The stem and drive train don't seem to be original.

Assuming that there's no problems with the frame, what
sort of price would you think to be fair for this? Seller's
asking €300.

Cheers,

Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:23 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi everyone,

I got these wheels which I want to sell, they were built in the 1970s with Shimano hubs and Weinmann Alesa rims, they were hardly ever to never used and sorted till now. Other than the spokes which have dulled with age they look in mint condition. They also have a Regina Corsa cassette on.

Heres a picture :-

I'm wondering what I should be asking, I've listed them in places before asking for an offer, which I got, £15 posted. I thought they are worth abit more than that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:07 pm 
Retro Guru

I'm going to pick up a "Mecacycle" over the weekend, french built in the 80's. The rear wheel protudes through the seat tube giving a much shorter wheelbase.

No pics yet and i'm not sure what size the frame is although the owner is 5 10 and he says it suited him.

I only want some of the Record off it, it's not the right era so i'm not concerned about breaking it up. If anyone can put a value on the frame I'd be interested, all I know so far is that its a very unusual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:48 pm 
Dirt Disciple

CB wrote:
Hi everyone,

I got these wheels which I want to sell, they were built in the 1970s with Shimano hubs and Weinmann Alesa rims, they were hardly ever to never used and sorted till now. Other than the spokes which have dulled with age they look in mint condition. They also have a Regina Corsa cassette on.

if i was in the market for some wheels for my bike of that period that i'd offer you £50 (i'm not).

the freewheel looks nice- you might get 15 for that alone, and it won't devalue the wheels much if you sell them without.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Location: In the depths of obscurity.............or Nottingham
Not sure if this is best here or on the MTB section so I'll post it in both
Any idea on value for a set of Euclid canti's as seen here ?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135843

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

fluroforks wrote:
I'm going to pick up a "Mecacycle" over the weekend, french built in the 80's. The rear wheel protudes through the seat tube giving a much shorter wheelbase.

No pics yet and i'm not sure what size the frame is although the owner is 5 10 and he says it suited him.

I only want some of the Record off it, it's not the right era so i'm not concerned about breaking it up. If anyone can put a value on the frame I'd be interested, all I know so far is that its a very unusual.

Like this one I presume. Very nice frames, a part of Motobecane I believe.

It would fit me.................

I was offered one a year or two back for £100.

Attachments:
MecacycleFrame.2.A.jpg
MecacycleFrame.2.A.jpg [ 112.73 KiB | Viewed 2263 times ]

Post subject: Bianchi ML3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:08 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Thinking of offloading my Bianchi ML3, maybe not 100% retro yet but some parts are about 10 years old now and frames have very definitely moved on from this bike.

Frame: Bianchi ML3 aluminium (size L/XL)
Fork: Bianchi carbon
Headset: Cane Creek hidden aheadset

Groupset: 2001 Shimano Ultegra (9speed with STi) with the following exceptions: -
Non-branded Dura-Ace copy dual pivot brakes
2008 Hollowtech Ultegra chainset & matching external cup BB
New Ultegra rear mech fitted 2009.

Wheels: Shimano (whatever the 2005 version of the RS20 was)
Tyres: Specialized Mondo Pro
Cassette: Shimano 105 (12-23)

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Bars/Stem/Seatpin: ITM Road Racing
Pedals: Bianchi Look (old delta style fitting)

Bike is in good condition, couple of blemishes on the top-tube where my friendly LBS dropped a cone spanner on it plus the usual scuffs from riding, e.g. shoerub on the chainset, silver plastic finish on top of one STi lever worn through, braking marks on the rims, chain marks on the drive-side chainstay, paintrub from cables etc. Fits me perfectly & I'm 6'3.

Selling due to being on a "one out-one in" order from the Mrs & I really hanker after a cyclocross bike (so selling to part fund that or a disc wheel if my TT return continues to go well). I figure that with my current project of restoring my 1991 Cougar to a decent road standard and a TT bike with hopefully a new CX bike in my stable that leaves all avenues of bike use covered.

I was in vague negotiations with somebody on another forum about selling but just wanted to get your opinions on a possible price. Initially I thought £375 including wheels seemed achievable or £300 without (which was the deal I was trying to do with this guy on the other forum).

EDIT - Here's the pics (saddle & wheels in the photo won't be sold and alternatives put on).

I've been thinking a lot about this today. Would I actually be better in switching out the "modern" Shimano and replacing it with retro 7spd Campag Chorus/Athena/Veloce mix and then selling it on here?

I'd really like to know what people think.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:35 pm 
Old School Hero

Glasgow SUFC,

I'm not sure on price, hopefuly someone else will chip in there.

I take your point about road bikes having moved on over the last 10 years. To my eyes it looks very much a current road bike - oversize tubing, sloping top tube (or is that just the photo angle?). I'd be inclined to keep the modern STI kit on the bike, rather than swap for the old 7 speed stuff.

You could always offer the bike with different options to buyers, but that may cloud the issue and encourage buyers to bid on various parts alone, which you may not wish to do, eg-
'whole as seen, £x
whole without wheels, £x-a, or
the frame/ forks with 7spd (£x-b?)'.

Good luck,

David

Last edited by Cossington on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:27 pm 

I posted last night about this bike in the sales thread, the post got locked as I hadn't listed a price, I have no idea whatsoever of value? The bike is an Ex ANC Halfords Team Bike that was ridden by Paul Watson in the 1987 season, I bought it at the end of the season in 1987.

Anyhow I took some photos this afternoon. A lot of people wanted to see pics so check link below. The bike isn't in as good a condition as I had thought it was. I haven't honstly looked at it too much the last few years its just been hanging up in the garage.

Changes to the bike from original is new stem, and also the lock nuts on the brake calipers were changed. I think I might have one of the originals somewhere, but can't be sure. I also have the original C Record pedals somewhere in my garage, but without the clips and straps.

Must say that this bike was my pride and joy back in the day and was beautiful to ride, very smooth! Sure that it has more value as a collectors piece for the fact that ANC were a part of British Cycling History and with their Tour appearance. I bought the bike at the end of the 1987 season which as you will all know was their Tour season.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd509/jhesbr/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 154  Next