Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:52 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 154  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:20 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 636
Location: Scarborough
Devonpaul wrote:
I have a 1980 Viscount Aerospace 400 which is a shade too big for me, I can only ride it with the seat completely dropped. I know condition is everything so without a pic its difficult, but does it have any value? It has Shimano 105 f&r mechs, hubs and pedals and is running on 700c Mavic MA2 rims, Also have some MA 40's. Will try to post some pics soon. Don't want to bother advertising it if it's a lemon!!

cheers, Paul


Nothing lemony about that by the sounds of things - there are people out there who love these things, myself included. There's a very chunky thread on the CTC forum - http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=165 - if you can work a mention of it being for sale into that when you advertise it, I'm sure that would help it go...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:46 pm 
Old School Hero

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:54 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Belfast
debating putting my late 1950's sun manxman on gumtree.

how much?

its been resprayed and lugs lined.

new respray
new bartape
sun birmingham badge
original stem
original olympic saddle
original williams cranks
campagnolo valentino rear mech
simplex front mech and levers.
blemhell (sp?) period mudguards
some 60's lights (decorative)

all nice and shiney no chips/rust on frame.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:31 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
The Manchester Jumble is approaching and I think I will start feeding some of the 'better' parts in my stash back into the system. In particular I have a pair of early (151BCD) Campag Pista cranks in an unusual 177.5 length. Fairly good condition with dust caps if wanted and a selection of suitable Campag and Williams rings (including a 59!).

Not seen many - if any - in this length and a variety of prices for 165 and 170 on e-bay. Any ideas on a realistic price?

Would consider a swop for a good condition Strada double in 170 or 172.5 with rings if possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:17 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:29 pm
Posts: 503
I know what the Strada 151 cranks are worth, around £50 - 80 in a used but usable condition, but I suspect these would go for more. Very unusual length for Pista cranks. It's a shame really, I need some 151 BCD Strada cranks!

Didn't I buy some later Strada cranks from you a while back? Have a pedal axle still in them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:08 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:23 pm
Posts: 892
Location: in bike-therapy
Bridgestone RB-2, 59

1991, ishiwata steel, blue/white...
will need a total respray, 7-8 big rust-spots.. and the bb and cable guide is bad

was going to give it the total refurbish, paint-job, decals...but finanses might force me to drop the project...(1600 dkr paint, + 50 $ decals..)

really nice frame, and rare in europe...
what would it be worth in this condition?

cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:29 pm 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:20 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Bristol
Old Ned wrote:
The Manchester Jumble is approaching and I think I will start feeding some of the 'better' parts in my stash back into the system. In particular I have a pair of early (151BCD) Campag Pista cranks in an unusual 177.5 length. Fairly good condition with dust caps if wanted and a selection of suitable Campag and Williams rings (including a 59!).

Not seen many - if any - in this length and a variety of prices for 165 and 170 on e-bay. Any ideas on a realistic price?

Would consider a swop for a good condition Strada double in 170 or 172.5 with rings if possible.

From what I have seen on ebay and other people have been asking the Pista cranks go for substantially more, typically around £150 depending on the condition and how well the seller has described them. NOS stuff seems to be closer to £200. The 144 BCD ones seem to go for slightly less than the 151 BCD as they are more common. Your size is really odd for a Pista crank and would only really be useful to someone who is of giant size proportions so that might have an impact on value.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:33 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:35 am
Posts: 367
I've got a Shimano 600 "Touring" chainset. I can't find any reference or pictures of another example with a three arm spider like this. Is it mega rare?
:lol:

I'm going to put them on the classifieds so i'd be grateful for any suggestions re pricing. Thanks. I shan't be upset if it's not much!

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:44 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5131
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
Brendan wrote:
Old Ned wrote:
The Manchester Jumble is approaching and I think I will start feeding some of the 'better' parts in my stash back into the system. In particular I have a pair of early (151BCD) Campag Pista cranks in an unusual 177.5 length. Fairly good condition with dust caps if wanted and a selection of suitable Campag and Williams rings (including a 59!).

Not seen many - if any - in this length and a variety of prices for 165 and 170 on e-bay. Any ideas on a realistic price?

Would consider a swop for a good condition Strada double in 170 or 172.5 with rings if possible.

From what I have seen on ebay and other people have been asking the Pista cranks go for substantially more, typically around £150 depending on the condition and how well the seller has described them. NOS stuff seems to be closer to £200. The 144 BCD ones seem to go for slightly less than the 151 BCD as they are more common. Your size is really odd for a Pista crank and would only really be useful to someone who is of giant size proportions so that might have an impact on value.


I had them on sale at the jumble yesterday at £125 and nobody grumbled at the price, in fact, some said it was cheap. However, nobody bought them either! If they'd been 165 or 170 I could have sold them several times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:05 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:21 pm
Posts: 5782
Location: Lost in Translation
finbar wrote:
I've got a Shimano 600 "Touring" chainset. I can't find any reference or pictures of another example with a three arm spider like this. Is it mega rare?

There's some further information on velobase:

http://www.velobase.com/ViewComponent.a ... 2&Enum=115

They are actually fairly rare. The other side of the coin is that demand isn't likely to be very high. Shimano 600 from that period isn't all that sought after, and most people would be put off by the comparatively hard-to-find chainrings.

You probably won't shift them quickly, but you could ask £25 or so if you're prepared to wait around for the right buyer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:42 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:38 am
Posts: 131
Location: Porthtowan, Cornwall
I've got a Shimano 600 "Touring" chainset. I can't find any reference or pictures of another example with a three arm spider like this. Is it mega rare?


I recently paid £20 for some of these on ebay as a buy it now - had to haggle down from £25. dont see many around - thats what I liked. I thought I still paid a bit more than I would have liked - but I'm tight.
Agree ask £25 but maybe be generous to a kind home. ben


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 154  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Montello, restlessnative and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group