Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:30 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 154  Next
 Post subject: Swinnerton
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:45 pm 
Retro Guru

really, I may break up then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:03 pm 
Retro Guru

I thought they were more like £70-£150 depending on whether they are c-record or croce d'aune?

Whatever, there are some very nice parts on there that the LFGSS boys would want for sure....... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:56 am 
Retro Guru

Don't know if anyone can help on these items, having a bit of a clearout to fund my Orange project.

First I have a fixed rear wheel, it is a Campag Record large flange, presumably track hub, mated to a Wolber Super Champion Alpine (gray CD) rim, double butted spokes (28 spokes). It was given to me in about 1995 and was probably already a few years old then. It has sat in my attic since only having been fitted to a bike once. It does have some light corrosion to the spokes and eyelets and the hub would benefit from a polish. 15T sprocket included.

I also have a pair of Miche Competition hubs fitted to Mavic MA2 alloy rims with double butted SS spokes and fitted with a six speed Sachs sprocket cluster. Built by Allin Cycles. They are fitted with original Specialized Turbo and Hutichinson amber wall tyres but not sure how long they would last given their age, the tyres that is. Similar age and history to above.

I have not really used any of these wheels all braking surfaces etc are pretty mint, just a bit of light corrosion in places from storage.

Any ideas on price then?? Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:51 am 
Retro Guru

So does anyone have idear of what I should ask for my swimmerton, £300+ or is that to much???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:19 am 
Dirt Disciple

how much is a pair of seemingly nos 32h atlanta 1996 worth? I have never built them up - but got them from a guy a bought a frame from, and I am now not expecting to use them in a build. It doesnt look like the braking surface has ever even looked at a pad - and there are only storage marks on the rims. It doesnt look like the holes have ever seen nipples. The only signs that I can see of anyone touching them are that the previous owner who was a bit of a perfectionist, tried to reduce the joint area of the rims to reduce the bump in braking. He was a perfectionist - engineer - and I have seen how he checked his wheel alignment :). I am just looking to sell for a fair price - with the thought that the previous owner has try to "fix" the joint. I can see on ebay how much they have gone for recently, but have not seen any here.

what do you think?

thanks
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55622707@N08/5149430123/[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:01 pm 
Dirt Disciple

sorted, cheers :)

Last edited by CB on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 pm 
Retro Guru

Rochey wrote:
So does anyone have idear of what I should ask for my swimmerton, £300+ or is that to much???

In parts it's worth all of that and more.

I'd imagine it will go at £300+ although it does depend on where you are advertising it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Quote:
Don't know if anyone can help on these items, having a bit of a clearout to fund my Orange project.

First I have a fixed rear wheel, it is a Campag Record large flange, presumably track hub, mated to a Wolber Super Champion Alpine (gray CD) rim, double butted spokes (28 spokes). It was given to me in about 1995 and was probably already a few years old then. It has sat in my attic since only having been fitted to a bike once. It does have some light corrosion to the spokes and eyelets and the hub would benefit from a polish. 15T sprocket included.

I also have a pair of Miche Competition hubs fitted to Mavic MA2 alloy rims with double butted SS spokes and fitted with a six speed Sachs sprocket cluster. Built by Allin Cycles. They are fitted with original Specialized Turbo and Hutichinson amber wall tyres but not sure how long they would last given their age, the tyres that is. Similar age and history to above.

I have not really used any of these wheels all braking surfaces etc are pretty mint, just a bit of light corrosion in places from storage.

Any ideas on price then?? Thanks for the help.

Anyone help with the above, please...... :roll:

Post subject: Olympia
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:41 am 

Hi,

just got this one and it's in extremly good shape. Love the chrome look.
It has NISI rims and is all Campagnolo equipped.
Could someone give me some info on the model and a price est, thanks.

Post subject: Re: Olympia
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:34 am 

Arcane17 wrote:
Hi,

just got this one and it's in extremly good shape. Love the chrome look.
It has NISI rims and is all Campagnolo equipped.
Could someone give me some info on the model and a price est, thanks.

NObody for this one?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 154  Next