Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 164  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:17 pm 
Retro Guru

Tychom wrote:
What would seem reasonable for this frameset -

It's a Ganolo/Cycles Laurent/Polchlopek, quite rare, but not in best condition as can be seen below, more than a trace of rust, so unsure what it's really like under the paintwork, and a dent under the chainstay as well as a crack at the seatpost binder..
In other words, it needs some love and attention. I'd been hoping to recoup what it cost, which would be about 170eur (£145) but no idea if that's really feasible.

Personally I love unusual frames, I wouldn't imagine you'd have any problem recovering your £145. A good listing on Ebay is your best bet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:22 pm 
Dirt Disciple

built this dave marsh am putting it up for sale any idea how much I should ask

20" frame
Reynolds 531 powder coated blue
700c mavic gp4 rims campag chorus hubs with Victoria tubs
campag record bb
campag chorus brakes
campag chorus chainset
campag chorus rear mech
campag chorus front mech
campag record gear levers
campag chorus headset
SR stem
SR mondolo bars
campag seat post
brooks team pro seat
SR quill pedals, Christophe toe clips and straps
Elite bottle rack with miremo bottleImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:59 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

dropback wrote:
built this dave marsh am putting it up for sale any idea how much I should ask

20" frame
Reynolds 531 powder coated blue
700c mavic gp4 rims campag chorus hubs with Victoria tubs
campag record bb
campag chorus brakes
campag chorus chainset
campag chorus rear mech
campag chorus front mech
campag record gear levers
campag chorus headset
SR stem
SR mondolo bars
campag seat post
brooks team pro seat
SR quill pedals, Christophe toe clips and straps
Elite bottle rack with miremo bottle

Tempted to suggest you part this one out. I'm afraid the frame looks very ordinary and without decals I don't think you'll even rescue £40 for it. The Chorus 9sp kit (calipers, crank, h/set & mechs) are quite desirable and you could get £150+) for these parts. The levers are worth £60 alone. Clean Brook's saddles don't loose their value.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:35 pm 
Retro Guru

Yup, split it: unless you're buying at trade prices, you'll always lose on a build unless it's something special, which (respectfully) this isn't.

I don't doubt it is a Dave Marsh, but I'm not putting my money down: can you prove it's what you say it is to a buyer? Even then, powder coating kills everything that makes a nice frame, nice.

Tubs are a difficult sell; you've got (badly positioned) non-aero levers on ergo bars; a fluted seatpost and clips & straps with a much later group and faux-retro bar tape.

I actually quite like what you've done, but it doesn't hang together in a meaningful way.

Why are you selling it and not riding it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:54 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I posted this while back. Finally now in my possession. I brought it for the group set to go on a new Colnago Superissmo from 1995 which is still new and unbuilt...It'a an ALU Sprint from approx 2002 and is ALU. It has full Daytona including Post and hubs. Thoughts? Keep it together or swap parts to the Colnago?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:57 pm 
gold | rider | rBoTM
gold | rider | rBoTM

I think swap the bits over to the Colnago and flog me the Merckx frame :wink:
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Well I'm open to offers or sensible swaps for the Eddy. It's very low in the front and too low for me. I'm more interested in should I keep the bike together or not. I really want an 8/9 speed Chorus set to match the age of the Colnago but the Eddy was the best complete group set I've seen in such good condition. Is the Eddy really worth much to keep it together and keep looking for a group?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:46 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

bobgfish wrote:
Well I'm open to offers or sensible swaps for the Eddy. It's very low in the front and too low for me. I'm more interested in should I keep the bike together or not. I really want an 8/9 speed Chorus set to match the age of the Colnago but the Eddy was the best complete group set I've seen in such good condition. Is the Eddy really worth much to keep it together and keep looking for a group?

I was going to say something similar, the Colnago is definitely worth some group higher than Daytona.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:54 pm 

Hello folks! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Last Friday my Trek Manhattan city (Dutch style) bike and my Raleigh Kellogg's Pro Tour got stolen from my shed. The next day I decided to fight the grief by buying a new (2nd hand) bike, because I cannot function without one. I went to the local bike shop and bought an amazing looking Raleigh Corsa (pearl white). The next day the police informed they actually found my bikes (this never happened in my life, ever!) I always gave up on my stolen bikes and moved on. I guess it was an impulse buy and rash decision. However, now I have 3 bikes and only room for 2, so I need to get rid of one of the two Raleighs, because the Trek is my work horse, immune to the elements and I ride it when it's snowy, windy, rainy (80% of the time :) ) Both Raleighs are 24'' frames for a tall rider like me (6'4''). My dilemma is the following:

- Raleigh Kellogg's Pro Tour
- PROs: I had it for two years now, had it fully serviced (inside and out) in July, including new gear and shifter cables, fitted new inner tubes and tires in July, completely replaced the leather on the saddle, so it runs like a dream and doesn't need any more mechanical work.
- CONs: Needs new white bar tape. the decals are imperfect, the shiny bits need polishing. It still looks good on the road, but a detailed inspection reveals cosmetic flaws.

- Raleigh Corsa
- PROs: It looks beautiful. I only had it for less than a week and I'm already in love. The original pearl white has minor problems and the shiny bits are still nice and shiny. The Shimano 105 Golden Arrow all around works great and looks great. The gears shift nice and quickly and smoothly. The Brooks leather seat looks old and valuable. The brown leather bar tape looks brand new.
- CONs: That said, the Brooks leather seat is old. :) I am not a great fan and would either get it repaired and/or would sell it and get another brown saddle. Another CON is, although I fell in love with the looks, I only had it for a few days and I'm not familiar with its history. At the shop they told me, the previous owner did a whole restoration, which certainly cosmetically looks true. However, the back wheel is not 100% true and would need work. The brakes could be tighter. I don't know whether the insides have been cleaned, re-greased, etc. like on the Kellogg's.

Can you help? I'd like some advice, evaluations and perhaps offers.

Attachments:
File comment: Raleigh Kellogg's Pro Tour
20131126_151414.jpg
20131126_151414.jpg [ 155.7 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]
File comment: Raleigh Kellogg's Pro Tour - Sachs Huret
20131126_151706.jpg
20131126_151706.jpg [ 139.72 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]
File comment: Raleigh Kellogg's Pro Tour - Sachs Huret
20131126_151740.jpg
20131126_151740.jpg [ 166.67 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]
File comment: Raleigh Corsa
20131126_145857.jpg
20131126_145857.jpg [ 152.81 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]
File comment: Raleigh Corsa - Shimano Golden Arrow
20131126_150449.jpg
20131126_150449.jpg [ 205.97 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]
File comment: Raleigh Corsa - Shimano Golden Arrow
20131126_145916.jpg
20131126_145916.jpg [ 175.58 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:05 pm 
Retro Guru

Good evening all,

Does anybody have any idea on the value of the below Cinelli Milano headset?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1640 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 164  Next