Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 154  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

johnnywbike wrote:
PEUGEOT VITUS 979 DURALINOX Frame.
Hand made PETE MATHEWS PANNI AERO Clinchers on SUNTOUR SPRINT Hubs.
ROLLS SAN MARCO Saddle.
CINELLI Stem & 65-42 Camp del Monde Bars.

A pic would be great but 979 frames are nice but very common. Many Vitus frames were fitted with bespoke parts so you may be better off splitting if you want to maximise. A clean frame with no cracks/splits and good decals can fetch £100-130. Sprint was Suntour's 2nd tier group so may not command the big bucks of Superbe Pro. Sorry can't be much more help without further detail eg groupset, condition etc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:13 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Peteyboy wrote:
Hi guys,
Looking to further reduce my collection, but rather stumped by this little fella.
Jack Taylor Mixte
Shimano 600 group
Brooks saddle.
Mechanically fine.
Paint not so good!
Some surface rust.
Here are some old photos. It now has drops and is clean.
Price help please?

Thanks!

This has great 'quirk' value. It looks very complete with classic period parts. I don't know the brand too well but the students over here in France love these Randonneur looking bikes with extra kudos for ladeez frame. I suggest you clean it up, put the sissy bars back on, don't Hipster-fy it too much, take some nice pics and list it on eBay, you might find it nets you £100+

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:16 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

amedias wrote:
Falcon Scorpio

Sachs huret 5 speed with double, it's nothing special but in good condition, fully working and ready to ride just got no idea what to ask for it?!

Very basic large childs bike I'm afraid, may have some retro value but don't expect to get more than £40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:26 am 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

mihajaru wrote:
Anybody know anything about Casati Frames? Got Ellisse Due but I dont know a thing about it, nothing on the net whatsoever. Only a couple but nothing of its value.

A tough one, Casati are one of the lesser-known Italian frame shops who 'seem' to make quality kit. Your bike is a prime candidate for splitting. Lo-Pro frames are popular amongst the weirdy beardy crowd but Chorus/Record parts sold individually can do very well indeed, 9sp Ergos - £120, Ch/set - £70,Calipers - £70, R/mech - £100, H/set - £65 etc, etc. A Zipp 600c's got to be worth £150. So, you see, as it stands it may struggle to get £600 but split and you may be looking to double this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 pm 
Retro Guru

Thinking of maybe selling this depending upon how much I can get for it! I don't really want to sell so it will have to be a good price for me to part company with. Newer modern bike required hence the reason for sale. If somebody with a better idea than me can give me a good idea that would be great.

Full Dura Ace groupset inc seatpost, headset and pedals
Pete Matthews built wheels (DA Hubs & Araya rims)
Recently fully refurbished frame by C&G Liverpool (where it was originally finished in 1986)

Please have a look here for the photos;
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;start=20

Rides great, has only seen maybe 400 miles since refurbished, everything works perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:44 pm 
Retro Guru

Anyone???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 pm 
Retro Guru

I have a 57cm Merlin Metalworks road bike (frame built in their second year of business) with a Duraace 7400 drivetrain & brakes, 7 speed downtube shifters, early indexed. I changed the original SR alu fork to a modernish Mizuno Aheadset fork with an Ahead Synchros stem. Wheels recently rebuilt and tatty old black graphics replaced with modern white Merlin graphics. Royce bottom bracket with direct fit bearings and Ti axle. I really have no idea what this is worth but I'd be interested to hear ideas as I'm thinking of selling. The frame has scrubbed up like new with wire wool every few years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:35 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Just been given a 1990 Emmelle Team Replica 12. Im not really looking to sell it, but would like to get an idea of roughly how much it is worth. It has been stored indoors for most of its life, so is in excellent condition barring a few scratches. The components all appear to be original, right down to the tyres.
A rather poor picture of it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Yzrm ... sp=sharing

Cheers

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:22 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

[quote="joe1983"]Hi thinking about selling my Harry Hall from approx 1970. I think it is the only 50th frame built by Harry Hall (definietly between 0 nd 300 according to Gragham Hall) and has the original paint in great condition bar a few marks and a spot of surface rust under the top tube. Made from Reynolds 531 with Campagnolo dropouts.

Hi
Standout component is the Campagnolo Sport Chainset, (its not a Gran Sport), in that condition worth well over £100 for that alone if you can find a buyer. See here http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... &AbsPos=45

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 am 
Retro Guru

I have got a ciocc in columbus slx - 88-89, with some campagnolo period bits on it.
However, the forks and chain and seat stays are chromed with is very pitted. Basic frame is OK with some paint chips.

This is not a garage queen bike but one that was raced and properly used.

Chroming costs are very high and this is supposed to be my daily rider.

Hoods are worn as is the chainset and sprockets.

What is ball park figure for it.

thanks

Is it worth fixing or shall I just run it into the ground.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1531 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 ... 154  Next