Peugeot 753 Chorus

x-isle

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

Can't believe I've finally stumbled across this site.

Back in my road race days going back 18 years ago, I had my bike stolen, luckily, the insurance kicked in and I was now the owner of a Peugeot 753 Chorus.

At the time, a great bike with full Campag Chorus fitted. I used the bike for about 1000miles before giving up Road Racing and finding University which mean beer, woman and a driving license.

The one thing I regret in life. Although I do still cycle, albeit, off road now, I still kept hold all these years of the bike.

It's currently attached to my garage wall in all it's original glory. The only issues is, there is a slight knock to the top tube after a silly light fall in the rain.

It's still got the original Tub Mavic rims, the full Campag Chorus groupset and Look Carbon Pro pedals among other top end components. The only difference from standard is, it's got some Mavic Tri-bars fitted. I've even still got the original Tubs that where fitted which back in the day cost £100 each. I was saving these Tubs to race on and I never actually managed to enter a race on this bike.

I will have to get some photos posted, however, it's very unlikey that I'll ever get out on this great bike, therefore, I'll probably post it for sale.

Please help me! I have absolutley no idea what this bike is worth, or even if it's cherised by the likes of you guys????

Thanks in advance

Craig

Someone else told me a while back that 753 is still regarded as a great metal.

I'd love to get out and ride it, but I just can't see it happening anytime soon, I'd much rather it go to someone who isn't going to hang it on the garage wall as a picture! :)

I'll have to get some photos of her, she's still looking lovely after all this time. I love the look of the Campag Chorus brake calipers. Gorgeous!

It's currently in my house in the Redditch that I'm clearing out to rent and I could do without having yet another bike in the house I live in.

I'll be there on Saturday, so I'll probably take it back to Cannock. If anyone is interested in this bike, feel free to come and have a look. Still love to know how much it's worth. All I can remember was back in the day a bike that was over £1K was bloody expensive! :)

What size is it? I'd like to see a couple of pics please.

Don't expect to get anywhere near the original price though!

Sorry, forgot to say welcome to the site. Good innit!

ha ha, no thinking that I'd get a portion of what I paid for it originally.............

I'll have to get the tape measure out and come back to you, I'll also take a load of photos and post them up.

Ok, so I've taken a load of photos and the measurement from centre of the BB to the top of the seat tube is 22 inches.

Just to recap, the spec is;

753 Tubing
Full Campaq Chorus groupset (chainset, front & rear mech, chain, freewheel, hubs, brakes, shifters, BB, Headset, I also think the seat tube is too)
Wolber Profil 20 rims (not Mavic as first thought)
Vittoria Olimpionico Tubs (Original tubs, these where probably the most expensive tubs around at the time at over £100 each) EDIT: It seems I have probably got this wrong.....!
3T Competizione Bars and Stem.
Rolls San Marco Saddle
Look Carbon Pro Pedals

The only difference from the original standard spec is the addition of some Mavic Tri-bars (I think these are copies though), Water bottle holders and the Handlebar tape.

The only issues with this bike is the slight knock in the top tube as shown in the picture. The tube is not split, rustin and hasn't changed the geometery. It is only a small knock. The other issue is that the brake lever rubber cover on the left lever is split. There are a few little blemishes on the frame which can be expected for an 18 year old bike, this is truely in fantastic condition as the photos show.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

I was thinking about throwing it on ebay, but I have no idea what to expect for it. Please help

Er, I have absolutly no idea whatsoever.

I'm open to offers. To be honest, if i hadn't found this site, I would of listed it on eBay for practically nothing.

Friction, when I bought the bike, Indexing hadn't been adopted by Campaq. It followed on the next release of Chorus.

Back