Knight

dirtydog

Old School Hero
Not really knowing anything about retro road bikes, only bikes with fat tyres, I was wondering how desirable a knight would be, with full Dura ace, circa early 80's I'm guessing?

Attachments

• IMG_20201028_174615.jpg
    IMG_20201028_174615.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 644
Midlife":3o7u8zav said:
Nice :), is that first gen Dura Ace?

To be honest matey, I don't know? I only deal in mountain bikes, but it sure looks pretty early stuff, possibly even late 70's?

Edit: After a little research, turns out it's 2nd gen 7100!

Dura Ace 7100 was late 70's to early 80's links in with the frame which has over bb cable guides and nutted brakes. Classy frame and kit :)

Midlife":jgicevp4 said:
Dura Ace 7100 was late 70's to early 80's links in with the frame which has over bb cable guides and nutted brakes. Classy frame and kit :)

Not really sure what to do with it? I saved the poor thing from the tip!!! :cry:

Looks much more my size than what I'm riding at the moment, I'd be interested if the price was right and I can get to it (where are you?).

Rothchild":1z74z7g9 said:
Looks much more my size than what I'm riding at the moment, I'd be interested if the price was right and I can get to it (where are you?).

Near Pershore, Worcs...

dirtydog":3d4mlety said:
Rothchild":3d4mlety said:

Near Pershore, Worcs...

Ok, bit of a schlep but not impossible, I don't yet have enough postst to send you a PM I think, lemme sort out an email.

dirtydog":bl1pqska said:
Midlife":bl1pqska said:

Not really sure what to do with it? I saved the poor thing from the tip!!! :cry:

Good save! Knight frames were quite good and with the early DA it's a great find. I would keep it if I had found it.

Worth Googling Knight. I think they may have employed ex-Viking builders?

Latest posts

Back