what's old is new again...

dookie

Kona Fan
posted this before, in a slightly different guise, but she's been apart and on the wall for the last year or so as i collected c-record and shopped for a sorely needed painter.

but that's behind us now, and my first 'real' race bike is back in hand post-paint and built as she always deserved to be...full italian bling. up 'til 2a for a couple nights recently, getting things just so. ~100miles on her in the last couple days. the ride is absolutely sublime, and holy crap, is she ever beautiful...

missing bits mostly sorted already: campy aero post en route, silver box-section FIR tubie rims waiting to be built, needs a steerer trim. i also have some 1st gen c-rec ergos in a box, but i'm liking the DTs a lot.

~1990 scapin EL-OS.

scapin.jpg

easy...the stubby version (no, it's not cut). 3 inches from seat rails to the bottom of the aero flare. also, the seat is a touch higher than in the photo. but you're right, a standard aero post probably wouldn't work.

Attachments

• 67ab_1.JPG
    67ab_1.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 1,165
Going by that seatpost and stem, you must be the only person on here with the same size legs as me, that has an even more disproportionately long upper body...

that's me...5'6" from the waist down, 6'6" from the waist up (5'11 w/29" inseam).

that frame is 54cm square with a 120 stem...a bit big for the legs and a bit short for the arms. my moots custom is 52 x 55 and i still run a 120 stem!

stubby post arrived today and is *perfect*...maybe 1/2" of round post exposed before the aero taper. updated photo shortly.

Back