Cycle Jumbles. Decline in number of events .

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
I have been looking for a localish event .ie 60 mile radius of Derby .Could not make the recent Sheffied one . Is the interest declining in jumbles period.
The good lady & myself helped the chap who ran the one local to me at Shardlow .Good location etc . The Long running East Midlands jumble at Long Eaton has finished .
I noticed foot fall at many had dropped in number of punters .Have they had their day?
Always enjoyed the crack .

I am not sure if they have had their day; then again I am not sure if you are referring to really big ones, which I've never been to.

My club's annual bring and buy sale is a small affair, it is this Friday night and am really looking forward to it; always a good evening. Club members bring in their used gear, along with local shops offering good deals on new items. Club members bake lovely cakes; it is probably the social highlight of the year!

I am a second claim member of another club, Kendal CC; probably the fastest growing cycling club in the country. They were only formed a few years ago and have 600+ members. They are going to have their first ever cycle jumble in a few weeks, with plans to make it an annual event if it proves popular.

Not sure if this is to far away for you. I went this year its a very good jumble.
On Manchester National Cycling Centre's website

19TH JANUARY 2020: INDOOR CYCLE JUMBLE

Re:

Yes the Manchester Velodrome is a first class event . I have been 2/3 times as a seller over the past 10 years. Great place to clear the shed of to much stuff :facepalm: :facepalm:
I shall consider going again in January .

The Bygone Bykes jumble at Wombwell last month was cancelled due to a very poor uptake of tables.

Can I point you to this ? it is going ahead. All space inside sold. Some space still available outside in car park.

Saturday 16th November 2019

Veteran-Cycle Club
The 8th North London Section CYCLE JUMBLE

Tewin Memorial Hall, 11 Lower Green, Tewin, Hertfordshire. AL6 0JX

Time & Entry Prices: 08.45 - 09.30 admission £3. After 09.30 £1.

Parking: Free. Some parking available at adjacent bowls club. If parking in village be considerate please as we wish to come back next year.

Refreshments and indoor seating area available.

Some Outdoor Space for Stalls available. Contact: Steve Griffith. E-mail: griffith531@hotmail.com

All proceeds to National Cycle Museum.

Tewin is a small village to the west of Hertford. It has pleasant lanes surrounding so make a cycling day of it. There are two pubs to retire to when the buying and selling becomes too much.
Tewin is minutes off J6 of A1(M), Welwyn Garden City.
Railway Stations : Hertford (3 miles) : Hertford North – Kings Cross/Stevenage line, Hertford East – Liverpool Street line. Welwyn Garden City and Welwyn North : (3.5 miles) - Kings Cross - Cambridge/Peterborough Line.

Any questions ? Comment here and Apple Tree will answer them.

we have one in Bristol - first saturday of the month at mud dock cycles, midday start

it's not very traditional - mainly local cycle community selling their spares to each other.

Free to sell, and it only runs for about an hour or so - proper feeding frenzy

Re:

Thank you for the heads up on the London area and Bristol events .
Unfortunately they are too far for us . Looks like it will be Manchester .
Plenty of punters in past years.

Back