Looking for info LH SPECIAL GLOUCESTER

Carbonmtb

Dirt Disciple
Hi all, I have an old bike that was originally bought at a police sale in 1959, I was thinking of restoring itat some point as it’s such a lovely looking frame with super think seat and chain stays , and it’s got great detail , it rides really well and the geometry feels great, the frame logo has LH special Gloucester on the down tube and some letters where the rear wheel fits , I will post some pics but can’t find any info online regarding this frame builder .

Lee

I’m from Gloucester but it’s well before my time, if anyone knows it will be Keith

Paging KeithGlos the oracle of Delphi

Re:

Thanks for your help , it looks to have been a really nice frame and probably quite light if the bike was stripped back abit !

Would be to trace some history , an elderly chap I know bought it for his wife in 59, I also have his 1962 coventry eagle which he bought and did his doctors rounds on when he first qualified , but the LH feels better to ride

Re: Re:

Carbonmtb":2vx67lr8 said:
Thanks for your help , it looks to have been a really nice frame and probably quite light if the bike was stripped back abit !

Would be to trace some history , an elderly chap I know bought it for his wife in 59, I also have his 1962 coventry eagle which he bought and did his doctors rounds on when he first qualified , but the LH feels better to ride

I’m so keen to know more that I’ve dropped Keith PM - he proppa knows his onions

Re:

That’s brilliant , it even has a grease nipple on the bb area , not seen that on a frame before !

Thanks again

Re:

I wish I could help. I was a lightweight cycle retailer in Bristol in 1950 / 60s, and occasional road racer.
This frame has lugs which appear to be individually cut, rather than known mass produced. Agrati forged ends were quite common in the 1950s. Most frames from then had a lubrication point on the bottom bracket.
I have not been able to find a Gloucester trade directory nearer than the 1927 Kellys which I have. I was hoping to find a classified phone directory from the 50s. The only cycle shop under "H" I found was T G Hall, well known general bike shop.

Any chance of some close up pictures, head badge or transfer, lugs etc.

Keith

Back