Long Shot.. Any one help?

pauldowker

Dirt Disciple
Hi there, i have taken on a project to restore my father-in-laws butchers bike.

The only infor i can find out about it is the headtube badge is 'Norwich Rival'

It has full guards, 3 speed sturmy archer gearing.
the tyres are as follows:

20x2x1 3/4 front
26x1 3/4 rear

any advice as to where to source parts, and pics would be much appreciated.

Paul

Probably not of much ue but would suggest the following:

1) go to a cycle jumble (see back of Cycling Weekly for details) as they have a whole host of tat/valuable older items and some very knowledgable people )although their social skills can sometimes be found wanting)

2) contact SJS, Whiskers and/or Mercian who may have some leads for you

Sorry can't offer any other suggestions but best of luck - it will be very satisfying and personal when it is done

If I remember I'll ask at the Bygone Bikes monthly meeting tomorrow evening.

Trouble is I have a lousy memory. :oops:

Pashley cycles used to have tyre, tubes etc. Yo can actually use the similar sized bmx/mtb tubes at a pinch also.

SJS cycles, Avon Valley Cyclery would be my recommendations for bits.

Andy

Old Ned":1bsxnykv said:
If I remember I'll ask at the Bygone Bikes monthly meeting tomorrow evening.

Trouble is I have a lousy memory. :oops:

Well, I asked and my request was put in the newsletter but no one's replied, sorry to say.

At least I tried. :cry:

butchers bike

hi
we have a couple of these cycles and a few spare parts , if you can send a list of anything you need i may be able to help
is it hub brake or rod type
regards martin

HI,

Thanks to everyone who posted, through trial and error i have managed to get most bits for it new, the tyres and tubes were hardest so far, the grears were easy, but still not set-up as its been too cold. I just need to get the brake hangers taht fit to the frame as the ones that came off the frame broke up with rust.

it looks ok, but does really need stripping right back and painting black again, right now it's British Rail blue!! by all accounts my father-in-law had a job lot of paint!

thanks again for the information.

Back