Mavic GL330... any good?

Boothy

Retro Guru
Just aquired some pretty decent nick, vintage looking road wheels.

No idea about road bikes, and so just wondered if anyone knows if they are any good or indeed, what they might be worth?

Shimano 600 Sealed mechanism hubs, with grey Mavic "made in France" GL330 rims, Wolber tyres.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers roadies.

I'd say they would be OK.

On the other hand, they're rubbish.

Send them to me for safe disposal :twisted:

Mavic GL330 is a decent light tubular rim, weighs 330g. They also made the super light GEL280 at 280g.

Quite in demand if this is anything to go by:

http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0250551618

Shimano 600 hubs are decent, but nothing really special. A decent pair of club racing wheels from the 1980s.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Absolute rubbish mate, I'll give you a fiver for both and I'm doing you a favour ( nobody say a GOD DAMNED WORD! ). :LOL:

Had a pair of 280's on Mavic hubs with blade spokes which Dave Russell built for me nearly 20 years ago

Wonderful wheels still have the front super light and very cool with a deep section rear

As I am a complete moron I threw out the rear because it couldn't be use with 8 speed

Very helpful team, cheers.

I'll pop some pics up at the weekend, but they are the same as the ones in the ebay link!

Will be up for sale soon.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back