Mystery 1920s 30s bike

Re:

Don't know why I thought BSA, could do with detail pics of front ends and bottom bracket. I would not expect BSA to be using Brampton lugs, and they used branded parts,bracket cups, hubs etc.
Feels like late 30's.

Keith

Re:

I dont think it is either of those. there are no branded BSA parts. The Royal Enfield badge on my 49 Mayfly does not match the the mystery impression left on the head tube of the mystery bike.

Re:

Hi, it looks a tricky one, as standard frame fittings didn't change much thru the 30's, I would look to the dropout, it has a cutout, so that sort of points to mid - late thirties. It is the only thing I can see to assist. Thanks Terry

Re:

Common enough handlebar stem in the mid 30s. Odd that it has an expander in a frame that is said to be head clip.

I still suggest BSA perhaps super eeze about 1936/7. Whether the front brake hole is original or only had rear brake we will never know.
It has holes drilled in the rear ends for mudguards, but originally would have had brazed on eyes on the fork blades and seat stays.

I need pictures of bottom bracket, front forks, front and rear ends, etc to help.

Keith

Headbadge outline has something on the top, a crown was popular way back when. Triumph, Hunter?

I can see now definitely not BSA, from the new angle the lugs look like Brampton castings. The rear ends have a forged or cast appearance, also with some sort of wheel adjuster, never seen any like it.
In Brown Bros 1939 the brampton lugs are listed as 68 degree parallel, but could be pulled probably another degree to 69.

S & F is just a retailer transfer, most shops had them, varnish fix and put on all their bikes.

Keith

Back