RBotM July 2019 - Open Month - Entries now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hello one and all and welcome to RBotM July 2019!
This month is an open month which means any and all retro road machines are welcome.
(with the usual caveat that if the bike has won a RBotM comp previously it cannot be entered again, unless it is a specific theme month)

Now some may be wondering where the competition went to last month, well it was starting to slow quite a bit with interest and there was also a bit of attitude creeping in etc and so it was decided to let it sleep for a month and see if that helps boost interest back up. Maybe it will, maybe it is the good weather that everyone is out riding or building rather than posting about it, we will see. There was only one person that asked where the comp was, so maybe nobody noticed.

Anyway we are off to a July mid summer comp and hopefully everyone has been out and about so has a photo or two to throw in to the mix. That is all it takes along with a brief description and a link, if there is one to a build thread.

Thanks

Jamie

I'll go first then. I did want to get this in to the last RBotM but didn't quite finish it in time.

This is my very well travelled Europa which as far as I can work out started out with most of its component parts in Italy, was sent to Australia and then assembled and sold to its first owner by Europa Cycles in Sydney in the late 70's or early 80's and then at some point found its way here to Kent in the UK looking like it had travelled all those miles under its own steam.

It was an interesting build and although it's a bike of middling quality it rides very well indeed and I think you'll struggle to find another this side of the equator.

So build thread here. And a before and after photos below.

Attachments

• DSCF3866.JPG
    DSCF3866.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 5,992
  • Europa 1.JPG
    Europa 1.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 5,992
Very nice Allen.

Had to enter this just finished full refurb it was a winters project. 'Cheap as Chips' 1988 Raleigh Routier 10 back to original Spec!

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 5,767
  • 17BAAFB1-17CE-439B-80CF-917918C14DDE.jpeg
    17BAAFB1-17CE-439B-80CF-917918C14DDE.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 5,289
  • FCCB2733-7E13-45D8-BE13-682482DA7BF5.jpeg
    FCCB2733-7E13-45D8-BE13-682482DA7BF5.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 5,289
Both fine entries indeed and while I like the refurb of the Raleigh I am due to nationality, partial to a Europa. They are still held in high regard back home.
Keep them coming and maybe we can entice some new members to enter as well.

Jamie

allenh":31qnptgs said:
Peachy!":31qnptgs said:
Very nice Allen.
Thanks kind sir, its getting a bit lonely in here

Don't worry, I'll stick something colourful in and maybe LGF & THM will help flesh out the comp a bit?
Although, as Jamie says, a few more newbies would be welcome additions

Our Jimmy's 1977 Holdsworth Claud Butler Cavalier... :cool:
Bought with his own pocket money (£44). Blow by blow, top to toe restoration documented here in the build thread: Jimmy’s 1977 Claud Butler Cavalier

Attachments

• Claud Butler Cavalier 1977 (11).jpeg
    Claud Butler Cavalier 1977 (11).jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 5,870
  • Claud Butler Cavalier 1977 (9).jpeg
    Claud Butler Cavalier 1977 (9).jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 5,870
That is lovely Mr Peachy :)
He is building them at the perfect size ;)
My only hope is that he is a growing lad and when he hits six foot he may well want to sell on his small restored beauties :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":y7fda1ga said:
That is lovely Mr Peachy :)
He is building them at the perfect size ;)
My only hope is that he is a growing lad and when he hits six foot he may well want to sell on his small restored beauties :)

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,
No doubt this one will go on sale in the not so distant future. But his first build, that little yellow Electron Superfive is a keeper.... one for him to pass down God willing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back