Hub identification please - says "Milano made in Italy"

Gren

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I've melted the Google function on my laptop trying to find out who made these hubs and when.

I'm sure it's going to be a Doh! moment when the right person see's them. I've tried all the usual suspects and every hub maker on VeloBase.

Al they say on the steel body is "Milano made in Italy".

Thanks in advance for any assistance..... Fingers crossed, here we go:

A9cVudc.jpg

That's giving me a 404. Try posting the link without any image tags (the site will hyperlink it automatically) or via tinyurl.

one-eyed_jim":snrp6ir8 said:
That's giving me a 404. Try posting the link without any image tags (the site will hyperlink it automatically) or via tinyurl.

Thanks Jim, I've fixed it - I hope ;-)

Nob":ux8jrhb7 said:
Gut feeling tells me Gipiemme

Thanks, but I've tried all of theirs and no match. They were on the sceen in the mid 60's and these appear to be a 50's design.

We are looking for someone more like Fratelli Bros, or Gnutti; a company who made for other brands I would guess. They must have been fairly prolific, as I've somehow managed to aquire 2 sets of the blood things - lol.

My first thought was Fratelli Brivio ("Fratelli" means brothers!) and they're certainly similar, but I can't find an exact match. FB were in Brescia but made hubs for other brands. It would be unusual to stamp them "Milano" without a brand though.

My second thought was Milremo. Milremo was a trademark of importer Ron Kitching, and Milremo parts were sourced from all over Europe. Again, I can't find a match, and if I could it still wouldn't identify the manufacturer. The 40/32h drilling does imply they were produced for the British market though.

While Googling Milremo I came upon this thread about Milremo Scheeren rims:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=390167

The hubs look very similar to yours. Worth following up?

one-eyed_jim":1r2vspb7 said:
While Googling Milremo I .....

Yes, when I bought the bike they were on I ddin't look closely (enough) and assumed it said Milremo, but no such luck.

It's a challenge isn't it :roll:

Back