Long shot...cycling book 80s....

Commanderrb

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
I am trying to track down a book I religiously renewed every fortnight for years from my local library. It was probably mid eighties, essentially a book on training, and all I can remember is that it mostly used photos of the same guy throughtout riding what I think was a Condor. I seem to remember it/he was quite short, probably a 21" at best as at the time I was a gangly teenager riging round on a 24 1/2 Raleigh Rapide.
It had a section in where it said something about how on the continent cyclists are worshipped but in England we train alone after work in the rain.
All my searches keep pointing to Les Woodlands books racing/training to win....and I recall the title was similar but all the images I can find of inside those books are definately not the one Im after.

If you can work out the book from my poor description you are a genius....

Not that one don't think...though looks interesting so i may buy that ebay copy - thank you.

The search continues....

Relying on memory here, Sid Barras rode for Percy Bilton (Condor), he may have appeared in a book or magazine (I've plenty of images of him). I am aware of the Les Woodland's book (have two editions), but the best book on training in this period is The Cyclist's Body Book.

Rk.

Back