Can anyone tell me anything about this Daccordi

Oria RANF tubing is somewhere between Columbus SL and SP, in terms of weight and butting. I have heard people compare it to SLX/TSX, but that is simply one man's mistake, repeated over and over, on the internet.

It is good, mid-range tubing, on a par with 531 and, as I mentioned, SL and SP. Butted stays give it a nice, not-to-harsh ride.

I inherited an Olmo made with this tubing, and loved it. Not as much as more expensive frames, it was a fine workhorse.

The Shimano 105SC group on your bike, with D/T shifters (should by 7 speed) is from 1990-1992, but I suspect that the frame is actually from the late 80's. I am pretty sure that Daccordi moved to Columbus tubing, by 1990, but am happy to be corrected.

No idea on price - I would pay £150 for this bike, based on what I can see. But I am sucker for steel bikes with chrome.

FiveAlpha - thanks for getting back to me with your comments. That's really helpful. You're right, it's 7 speed.

Foz - haha, yea I just stuck the wheel on after getting it out of the car without thinking about directional tyres.

Re:

Nice to see another Daccordi on the forum, I must get some pictures up of mine in it's current form soon!

I can't comment on the tubing other than to say they made quite a few frames form Oria tubing but I don't remember it being an option when I bought mine in 1986. That might just be because the shop I bought it from didn't rate anything other than Columbus at the time - it's too long ago to remember those kind of details! As far as age goes I would put it into the 90s judging by the fork crown and bottom bracket. What's the rear dropout spacing? Mine's nominally 126mm although I do remember being told by the shop that Daccordi often built them a bit wider (128mm) which is why fitting "modern" 130mm wheels isn't a problem on mine.

The stamping on the top of the BB is possibly a date code according to some Internet sources but I've never seen that confirmed by Daccordi themselves. I see you've already asked for info in the Daccordi Fanclub Facebook page or I would have suggested asking there.

Looking forward to seeing it cleaned up,
Mark.

My Daccordi Furioso here...9 speed Campag, fillet brazed, >9kg

Luigi is still building steel ( Ti and carbon also...)

Check out his Griffe, unbelievably cool...I found a frame for a mate and we send it back for a factory orig refinish, he made a pair of new chrome forks for him too, top man.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjCfB8wz

After seeing the former DS on Facebook refer to the SEFB team bikes that Daccordi supplied I did some Googling and found a page on the team in the 1989 season.
You can see the team livery pretty well in this shot: http://www.cyclingarchives.com/beeldfic ... did=148979
The year before they rode Peugeots and the year after they were on Looks so that dates your frame to 1989 at the earliest, maybe they only produced them in that livery for the one year.
As there's no race number holder on yours I guess it was a replica rather than an actual team bike though.

Mark.

Re:

Oh how I love a Daccordi :D

I owned one before my wife left me :roll: unfortunately it had to go when I downsized into a flat - at the time I needed the money more :(

I'd love to get another. Happy days :)

There are some photos of my old one on velospace, I never had the original steel fork, so it had a carbon one fitted :?

It was columbus EL. I had the frame repaired(huge dent in the top tube) by Trevor Jarvis down in Tenbury, and Mercian did the paint work

https://velospace.org/node/11997

Back