Expander plug for a 1" carbon fork

Dicky71

Retro Guru
Greetings All from the beautiful west coast of Sweden.
Is there anybody out there that has or knows, where i can possibly purchase an expander plug that will fit in a steerer tube with an inner diameter of 19mm. I am getting desperate and my build has gone on hold. The only positve that has come out of this "bargain buy" from a certain auction site, is that i am becoming a bit of an expert(nerd) on expander plug diameters.
Very grateful for any help or tips.
Regards,
Richard Lees.

Re: Expander plug for carbon fork.

Unfortunatly, the star fangled washer top cap is not suitable for a carbon fibre steerer tube. It has to be the expander type of top cap.
Thanks for showing an interest.
Regards,
Richard Lees.

Then if you don’t like the ones on eBay you could fabricate a 18.5mm plug, drill and tap an appropriate thread and bond it in to the steerer once you have decided where to cut it. The top cap should not be torqued up to a significant degree- all of the work is done by the stem clamp.

On eBay are items 292285600874, 362515325982, 372614159306, 152994160426, 312236943615 (last 3 are the same from different sellers and others sell it too).

And the S Works Shiv has a 1” steerer but it may be a different arrangement: https://media.specialized.com/support/0 ... 3_revA.pdf

Back