Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hello all and welcome to RBotM February
It's theme month once again and as per last January I thought we would go with the theme of Winter Projects. Though slightly different this year as it must include a frame.
It's the cold dark winter months (quiet down you southern hemisphere boys at the back) and while maybe not getting out to ride as much, there is always a good deal of projects either getting started or getting finished off. So now is the chance to show them off before having to get it finished to enter.
This has also started late so it is a shorter month now to get those entries in.
Theme basics are it must be a current project, can be in any condition or stage, maybe you are freshening something up or even have something stripped down for a repair.
General rules are as usual, 2 photos, a brief couple of paragraphs description and a link to a page with more information if you have it.

Remember this can mean different things to different people so keep it nice.

Jamie

Go on then, seeing as no one else wants to put their head above the parapet and as Jimmy’s winter project opened up the show for Jan, I’ll post my own winter project, a 1951 Claud Butler (what else?) Olympic sprint…. stalled a bit because of Jim’s build/MTB builds and a house renovation. But she does look quite pretty. I aim to build her up with a flip flop single speed freewheel/fixed track cog on Fiamme tubular rims….. very minimal, front brake only, brooks swallow etc…
Here she is in all her flamboyant glory..... :cool:

And a close up to show off the Bi-laminates that were a bitch to chrome without showing the brazing work, I sent it back three times! Also the Bailey’s, GB “531” spearpoint and Brampton head are stunning (in my opinion) :roll:

Attachments

• 1D8250D9-EE4A-4595-948A-00927DB9AD56.jpeg
    1D8250D9-EE4A-4595-948A-00927DB9AD56.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 8,248
  • 90257CD5-1849-4585-8604-80A150277823.jpeg
    90257CD5-1849-4585-8604-80A150277823.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 8,248
Re: RBotM February 2019 - Theme = Winter Frame Project Month

spitball":2x4uhir1 said:
Should this be Feburary?

Of course it’s February.
What ever gave you the idea it wasn’t. ;)

Jamie

Roadking, please enter I am sure I am not the only one who would love to see it. Plus I am partial to a nice tour build :)
Peachy, just when you think there could be no lovelier Claud Butler out there, you come along the next month with another absolute stunner. A thing of elegant beauty.
and Spitball, thanks for the heads up ;)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":25xpir43 said:
Peachy, just when you think there could be no lovelier Claud Butler out there, you come along the next month with another absolute stunner. A thing of elegant beauty.

Jamie

Cheers Jamie, I thought if I’m going to build a fixie, it better be a good one... :D

Jamiedyer":hwkn21uu said:
Roadking, please enter I am sure I am not the only one who would love to see it. Plus I am partial to a nice tour build :) Jamie

We'll see, I have 3 touring bike builds scheduled for 2019, and one for a tour of Catalonia in May.

Rk.

roadking":10spn3b7 said:
Jamiedyer":10spn3b7 said:
Roadking, please enter I am sure I am not the only one who would love to see it. Plus I am partial to a nice tour build :) Jamie

We'll see, I have 3 touring bike builds scheduled for 2019, and one for a tour of Catalonia in May.

Rk.

Your just teasing me now mate :)

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back