Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:18 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:46 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

GTR wrote:
Thanks Peachy...nearly the weekend so I'm looking forward to having a go at the saddle suggestion.

I know it doesn't look like it, but I have given it a good clean :wink: but it's had a well used life after all!

I also note you've got a little more choice - currently it's this or my daughters powder blue Pendleton complete with shopping basket :lol:

Ha.. :D sorry I meant keep it clean! And don’t be taken in by the signature, most are in a sorry state!

Ps. Love the top tube mounted Sturmey gear stick!

Check out this thread forSturmey servicing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 am 
Dirt Disciple

No offence taken Peachy :)
I do like the gear change I have to admit - a little stiff to move back into low from high, but my memory of the later, more common handlebar mounted 3 speed lever was that it also needed extra effort so I think that's normal. Thanks for the pointer for servicing but I'm leaving well alone unless something goes drastically wrong. It's a KS hub, so quite unusual & even more reason to just regularly oil in my book!

Apoologies about the photos - I look at the beautiful detailed picture you & others post on their threads & wonder how it's done. It tells me mine are to big unless I specify smaller, lesser quality jpegs....very frustrating!

Adjusted the saddle back as far as possible today & lowered it just a touch. Have also tilted the bars back so that although it looks a bit naff, it actually has the effect of raising the point at which I hold them, and the main brake lever now rests between my thumb & forefinger. Also means I use the main brake lever rather than the more unsatisfactory 'safety' levers - a test ride actually turned out to feel much more comfortable, so being easily pleased, I might try it for a while before taking any drastic steps...maybe when the weather improves!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 am 
Old School Grand Master

On the images side, instead of embedding them in your post, upload them to a hosting site like Flickr and thne you build a link [img] into your post - the lovely image then loads into the page.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:14 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Ah I see, that makes sense - thanks Hamster.