Another help id frame thread

wrinkleygit

Dirt Disciple
Just bought this as my retirement project, there are no serial numbers or any form of identity on the frame, it was believed refurbed by Argos of Bristol aprox 20 yrs ago,

Brake levers are Shimano 600, calipers Dia-compe
Fr & rr derailers are Campag as are cranks, shifters are Simplex
Seat post is 27.2 with what looks like initials C G stamped at rear
Hubs are unbranded with Campag skewers, rims are Rigida

Any ideas welcomed, mike b

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wi5bwfidy6hn ... dNFHa?dl=0

Midlife":1sreavkv said:
Not sure why but it reminds me of aan Andy Thompson with fastback stays......

No, not one of mine. Many Thompson Bicycle Company frames did indeed have seat stays attached like that but never into that type of seat clamp. I always used to radius the chainstay, seatstay and fork blade ends. I didn't use that style of under BB cable guide.
It's also not an Orbit Thompson as Orbit didn't use Prugnat lugs.
It's very hard to identify frames like this as at the time there were many builders making very similar frames. I would say by the level of detail it was made by someone producing a reasonable number of frames, possibly for the trade but not one offs. It doesn't look like a factory volume produced frame

Andy

Re:

thanks for the replies so far, I have seen similar but not identical frames by Pat Hanlon & Harry Perry that use a similar rear seat stay/ seat post clamp arrangement, this will probably end up as one of life's great mysteries.The plan now is to tidy it up & have it on the road this Spring for some fun, Mike b.

Back