Dave Lloyd Quantum 650

Julesdlb

Retro Newbie
1994 DAVE Lloyd Quantum 650. Chorus Groupset, FIR 650 E10/E60 Wheels.
Very slight paint blistering at the bottom of the head tube and the odd paint chip.
Not use for the past 20 years!
House move so no longer have the room.
Any price guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 599
Re:

What are the dimensions, it looks big.. but the 650C wheels won't help that impression.

Price wise, DL stuff is odd, some bikes don't sell at all, others sell easily, I would say if it is a popular size, then around a £200 starting point, maybe a little more.

I bought a Q650 frame last year, without forks (they were fun to find) and I gave about £150-ish, I think, maybe a little less.

Re:

It was made to measure for my husband. Equivalent to 56cm. As you say the headset does make it look very large.
Thanks

Re:

In that case it is the same size as mine.

Either ebay or in the classifieds here I'd start at £325 and be prepared to move.

Here's mine.

DSC_0058.JPG

Re:

Thanks, it is built as close to Dave's own Q650 as I could get. His had titanium forks, also a lightweight Campag cassette and carbon wheels, I couldn't find any similar forks or wheels and didn't even try to find the cassette, Lord knows what that would have cost.

It's really lively fun ride and climbs like a mountain goat.

I'm glad to be able to help, Dave made quite a few Q650's, but I have never seen another one for sale.... or another one for that matter, the tri800's are more often seen, and all of them are usually mistaken for a Concept 90... I have one of those as well. :facepalm:

Back