RBotM NOVEMBER 2018 - OPEN MONTH - ENTRIES NOW OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to the RBotM November 2018 Competition. This months is an open month so pretty much any road machine can enter with the only exceptions being, any previous winner of the RBotM competition, the bike not the owner.

Rules can be found in the WIKI pages but basically: 1 entry per member, best if you own the machine but you can nominate another members machine only with their express permission. 2 photos per entry and a brief description and a link to a readers rides page, build page etc so people can get more information. Entries close on the last day of the month with the winner decided by a five day poll.
All previous entry pages and polls can be found in the BOTM and Gold archive on the main index page. viewforum.php?f=26

It's all good fun and a chance to show what we are building and riding so everything is welcome.

Jamie

Fondriest SLX,

full Campagnolo Chorus ( Front der is SR, need to swap over the part! )

FIR Rims

53cm square

Attachments

• IMG_6173.jpeg
    IMG_6173.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 8,333
  • IMG_6163.jpeg
    IMG_6163.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 8,333
Time to put my Lejeune forward.

This came in a pair of very scruffy French bikes back in the spring, identification attempt thread here and bit of a build thread here.

Re painted and re decalled by my own fair hand and then assembled with wheels also built by me and as much Campag as I had to throw at it, Its turned into a very nice bike indeed which although a tiny bit big for me is still a very nice thing to ride,

Next stop is the every part French (even down to the inner tubes) Meral which is being painted as a metallic/lacquer Tricolour that is proving a much more difficult project, but hey ho until I do manage to successfully complete that one, with a Gallic shrug I give you the Lejeune Possibly

And as I now seem to have a growing stable of unashamedly French bikes (Lejeune, Meral, Navarro) I am considering changing my name to Alain.

Below is a as found frame photo and the finished bike on it's first proper ride back in the summer.

Attachments

• Lejeune fin.jpg
    Lejeune fin.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 8,320
  • Lejeune start.jpg
    Lejeune start.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 8,320
Jamiedyer":8n1mdg8j said:
un atelier de maître en beauté!

Jamie

Merci Monsieur. And that's as far as my cunning French transformation goes as my schoolboy French really doesn't cut the moutarde, but of course there is always Google,

Re:

Hi,
thought I would put my A J Hodge ( Luton ) into the ring. It is, I believe 1937, with lovely period chrome handlebars, Simplex Champion du Monde gearing, Lam brakes and a lovely Nicklin crank, yes, I said Nicklin, you live and learn. Wheels are later with Weinman rims, 26 x 1 1/4 of course. It has a strange configuration with the seat lug, bought the frame in an Auction in the west country earlier in the year.

Attachments

• small hodge.jpg
    small hodge.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 8,258
I know she placed well in the 60's & 70's themed August, but to add a little colour and fill the ranks, here is my 1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur fully frenched for that certain “je ne sais quoi”

Build and specification here;
And here are some hi-res pretty pictures on Pintrest

Ps, she now sports a handsome blue leather Brooks B17 (see in build thread) rather than the e-bay special.

Attachments

• Claud Butler Super Coureur (3) - Copy.jpeg
    Claud Butler Super Coureur (3) - Copy.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 8,248
  • Claud Butler Super Coureur (15).jpeg
    Claud Butler Super Coureur (15).jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 8,248
Re:

I would like to throw my 1939 Claud Butler Super Arrow into the ring;

19904975_10155478667873399_5290862507555423092_n.jpg

19224771_10155400895348399_5107740485533780541_n.jpg

1939 Claud Butler Super Arrow, resprayed by Mario Vaz.
1946 Weinmann Concave Rims on Normandie and Sturmy Archer 4-speed hubs.
Magistroni Chainset.
Nitto bars.
SR stem and pedals.
Brookes B17 saddle.

5 bikes in 2hrs? Is that a record this side of the forum Jamie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back