Colnago Super? 1980/90s?

Tomgrooves

Retro Newbie
Hi,
Trying to identify my Colnago. Decals say Super but I'm pretty sure it's had a respray so not sure how much to trust them. Internal cabling on top tube. Straight Precisa forks but might not be original to frame? Thought it might be a Super Sprint or Super Piu? Can't find any serial number. I think it might be late 80s or early 90s. I'm no expert so looking for some advice. It's been stripped of all original parts which I'm looking to change but for the time being it rides well and is super light! Pics in link below.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/45719736@N08/54cL27

70k141

Definitely had a crude respray.

What stamping is there on the rear drop out, rear mech side as that usually is a paint code?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to look at pics. I thought about the code in rear drop out but nothing unfortunately. Took wheel out and got in there with torch but seems completely smooth. Can still see the vertical etched lines in the dropout so don't think paint respray has filled in a code but you never know?
What made you think the respray was crude? The yellow clover and Colnago fill ins I agree but I thought the actual frame didn't look too bad? However, quite happy to be corrected. Was it thickness, finish or something else?

Nob":klyrhy7c said:
Internal cabling on top tube suggests a Master Piu....

Hi, thanks for having a look. I thought maybe a Piu but wasn't sure if there was a Super Piu as well as a Master Piu and what the differences might be. I've seen both mentioned online on forums but no good evidence to suggest a Super Piu existed. Or whether any Supers had internal brake cabling on the top tube or whether it was just Masters. Would seem odd someone would add Super decals to a frame if it was a Master but mistakes happen I suppose.

Back