Raleigh Paint Codes

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
Evening All

Anyone know the RAL number for the pearl / oyster white used on the Raleigh frames in the 80's?

Thanks
Matt

Back in my day which is the 70's Raleigh used their own codes starting with CF. CF01 was black etc. Someone might have a chart somewhere that translates but never seen a comprehensive one.

Midlife":1goe2ag4 said:
Back in my day which is the 70's Raleigh used their own codes starting with CF. CF01 was black etc. Someone might have a chart somewhere that translates but never seen a comprehensive one.

Even a close match is fine if the RAL code doesn't exist - I am just trying to avoid a complete respray as I want to keep as much of the paint original

Cheers

Matt_wood55":1vm49o19 said:
Evening All

Anyone know the RAL number for the pearl / oyster white used on the Raleigh frames in the 80's?

Thanks
Matt

Yes I do, and still have an original touch up paint bought with my 1984 (Oyster) Corsa - my SBDU in the same paint.

Rk.

roadking":1t2q3hmn said:
Matt_wood55":1t2q3hmn said:
Evening All

Thanks
Matt

Yes I do, and still have an original touch up paint bought with my 1984 (Oyster) Corsa - my SBDU in the same paint.

Rk.

Ha, no way!!

Would you be willing to share that info? I had to have a seat stay re-brazed as it had a small crack (shot in style), and as I say I would like to keep the bike as original as possible.

Cheers
Matt

Matt_wood55":2f0uori9 said:
roadking":2f0uori9 said:
Matt_wood55":2f0uori9 said:
Evening All

Thanks
Matt

Rk.

Ha, no way!!

Would you be willing to share that info? I had to have a seat stay re-brazed as it had a small crack (shot in style), and as I say I would like to keep the bike as original as possible.

Cheers
Matt

Yes way !

I'll find the touch up and post details.

Rk.

Matt_wood55":pugri8qf said:
Midlife":pugri8qf said:

Even a close match is fine if the RAL code doesn't exist - I am just trying to avoid a complete respray as I want to keep as much of the paint original

Cheers

Hey Matt!

Have you ever found a close match? I'm currently facing the same problem.

Back