Restore 85 Peugeot Carbon Fiber Bike

numbers505

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

I just bought a new Specialized so now I'm able to devote some time to my 85 Peugeot Fibre de Carbone bike. It has Mavic SSC components (der. cranks brakes) and I've just purchased a full set of decals to replace the damaged originals.

I bought this from the second owner and he said this was a team race bike for a year in the 80's then basically sat in his shed. I've been riding this for a couple years and it is a fantastic bike.

What I'd like are some suggestions on a "new" stem/handlebar that is light weight and period as well as pedals and saddle.

I'll post pics once I get the decals on!

numbers505":2bfstmjo said:
Hi All,

I just bought a new Specialized so now I'm able to devote some time to my 85 Peugeot Fibre de Carbone bike. It has Mavic SSC components (der. cranks brakes) and I've just purchased a full set of decals to replace the damaged originals.

I bought this from the second owner and he said this was a team race bike for a year in the 80's then basically sat in his shed. I've been riding this for a couple years and it is a fantastic bike.

What I'd like are some suggestions on a "new" stem/handlebar that is light weight and period as well as pedals and saddle.

I'll post pics once I get the decals on!

You want Mavic pedals, stem,Mavic bar and Mavic seatpost. You'd be just about in the right time scale if you stretch the dates to "period upgrades"after the bike had been used for a couple of years. Maybe 1st gen Time would be OK if you can find them...

Alternatively Campag Super Record one-bolt or Record 2-bolt seatposts would be fine - and Cinelli 1R stem/any other compatible Cinelli bar would be fine. Saddle - Rolls,Regal,Turbo,Cinelli,Concor - all of these would be fine.

Good luck finding 'em

If you are interested I have a brand new in the box pait of Mavic LOOK pedals - going on Ebay soon - but if you want to make an offer

Also a number of Rolls saddles

Found a bar...

Well, I decided to get a cinelli criterium bar and a mavic stem. Still looking for a good seat post and saddle. Any other suggestions would be awesome.

I've sent a PM about the Look pedals...

:D

pics and seatpost

I'll take a few "before" shots this afternoon and post em.

I have been looking around and come up with little in terms of seat post. It has a simplex on it now, 25mm diam., but it has seen better days.

Re: Found a bar...

I've got a NOS Mavic stem if you are interested. 110mm if I remember right.

I don't think I'll ever use it.

Before pics

The bike is significantly cleaner than when I bought it but still needs some work :LOL:

Here are a couple of "before" shots. I just got the replacement decals yesterday...

Thanks for all the advice thus far!

Attachments

• peug.jpg
    peug.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 4,840
  • right_side.jpg
    right_side.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 4,838
Back