Sprick bikes?

Bonzo Banana

Dirt Disciple
Picked up a old road bike cheap 70/80s vintage. Nothing special, very heavy bike but was curious about the brand. Seems to be German and still being made in Poland although the firm did go bankrupt and then restart. Looks to be basic quality but very strong. I'm not great with German pronunciation but hopefully the 'S' isn't silent.

mrcmx2.jpg

2u95n4z.jpg

91ch14.jpg

Re:

They were made in Gutersloh , then West Germany. I had one as a youngster and was a birthday present ( a 3 speed Tour de France model with Simplex and Huret gears) - went to the factory to choose it - I was 10 at the time (1975) . Most were purchased by forces personnel as there was RAF Gutersloh and in Gutersloh itself Mansergh Barracks the Army base where I went to school. My father was in the RAF. As a side line I was posted to RAF Gutersloh on 3(F) Squadron Harriers (they now have Typhoons at RAF Coningsby) in 1986 but by then I was riding Raleigh SBDU's - which I still have :)

Cheers for the info. I guess that is how the bike got over here in the UK possibly. I've never seen them for sale in the UK or find any reference for them on sale here via googling although you do see them being sold occasionally but wondered if that was just a personal import. I was only joking about the 'S' being silent.

Back