RBotM Aug 2018 - Theme = 1960 - 1979 !!! Poll Up! Vote Now!!

RBotM August 2018

• PeachyPM - 1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Lackluster - 1974 Carlton Cobra

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • AndyMart - 1960/61 Carlton Franco Suisse

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • dutchie - 1972 Peugeot G50c

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • allenh - 1976 Holdsworth Autograph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Piperdave - 1973 Carlton Corsa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bagpuss - 1963 Carlton International

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • roadking - 1972/73 Roberts Tourer

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Here we are finally ;) at this months poll.
A truly stunning bunch of bikes once again and these include a couple of fresh builds as well.
To see these bikes and their current condition is brilliant but when you see that some have been clearly used but cherished since new and other have had such a transformation from the condition they were found in, it's a true testament to the passion found in each.
Thanks to everyone for entering, generally to all who join in and support the competition, also to all for a bit of patience at the end.
Now the nominees are …………..

PeachyPM - 1961 Claud Butler Super Coureur
PeachyPMClaudButlerSuperCoureur by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Lackluster - 1974 Carlton Cobra
LacklusterCarltoCobra by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

AndyMart - 1960/61 Carlton Franco Suisse
AndyMart1960CarltonFrancoSuisse by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

dutchie - 1972 Peugeot G50c
dutchie1972PeugeotG50c by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

allenh - 1976 Holdsworth Autograph
AllenH76HoldsworthAutograph by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Piperdave - 1973 Carlton Corsa
piperdave1973CarltonCorsa by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

bagpuss - 1963 Carlton International
bagpuss1963CarltonInternational by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

roadking - 1972/73 Roberts Tourer
roadking1972RobertsTourer by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Good colour pallet, great spread. Well done everyone.

Is the competition this tough every month? Because of the ones I've looked at they've all been tough.

And the added jeopardy at the end made it feel like one of those American restoration shows you get on Dave.

Tough is good, with the bar raised and with Jamie’s stewardship, RBotM will go on from strength to strength. And I’m loving these themed months, I think they support the regular slots very well.

Ps When do we get our banners? ;)

Banners take time to create, they are lovingly put together pixel by pixel on a mountain in Tibet by 600 year old monks who only work for three minutes a day in between sips of fermented yaks milk.
Patience grasshopper ;)

Jamie

Sacre Bleu! :shock: Overrun by the Carlton Hoard!!! Well done chaps, close run and a good vote count. :cool:

Many congratulations to Lacklustre (ironic) and Andymart for taking a superb joint win with their Carltons, very well done. Worthy winners the pair of them.

And yes, what a bizarre spread of results! Joint first, joint second, and joint third.

But a perfect result from what was a very high class field. Just when you think the standard is so high that it cannot get any better, it then gets raised the next month across the whole field!
Very well done to all! Thanks for entering, voting and supporting the comp, it's greatly appreciated.

Jamie

An unexpected result for me, such a high quality field. Congratulations to Andymart on his joint win. Thanks to Jamie for all the hard work involved in organising these monthly polls.
My bike is certainly well cherished and will be ridden frequently in the future although a little more sedately than in the past.

Back