Mavic MA2's - a struggle to get tyres on.

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I have some Mavic MA2's that I have fitted some tyres too, I have tried 2 types (beaded/wired)and both have been really difficult to get the tyres on, I mean really difficult and the thought of wrestling them on at the side of the road is a little concerning. One of the Park tyre levers sprang of and nearly took my eye out :shock:

Are these rims known for this or am I getting soft :)

The set I have are not the easiest when it comes to mounting tires but certainly not lever breaking. Is it steel bead tyres? They might be a little harder than folding. I used them with 3 different tires and I allways mount them without levers.

Wear safety glasses :cool:

I think it depends on the tyre you're trying to fit. I've found that Schwalbe Blizzards tend to fit most rims easy enough but I have some wire bead Michelins that are dreadful.

Try them from the other side.

Some tyres/wheels are right or left handed.

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2zgevpsh said:
Your just a wimp :LOL: :LOL:

I tried a used Continental Ultra and a Vittoria Slick and both were a struggle - which is fine on a sunny afternoon in the shed but at the side of the road on a club ride it embarrassing :p

Re:

Cant't be that bad if you haven't broken a lever yet.

I never figured it out how some Mavics and Michelins could be a stuggle; you'd think the two companies would be in bed together like Gainsbourg and Bardot to mate perfectly.

kermitgreenkona88":1d8znjo1 said:
None of your comrades offered to help shame on them :x

The club ride scenario was just that, it hasn't happened yet :LOL:

I have been changing tyres for years and never had such a struggle getting tyres on and when the beading finally sprung into place, the noise set of car alarms and scared birds out of trees :p

widowmaker":2ldelrzi said:
kermitgreenkona88":2ldelrzi said:
None of your comrades offered to help shame on them :x

The club ride scenario was just that, it hasn't happened yet :LOL:

I have been changing tyres for years and never had such a struggle getting tyres on and when the beading finally sprung into place, the noise set of car alarms and scared birds out of trees :p

Had you trapped something delicate?

Back