Holdsworth Frame Numbers - Tricycle Conversion Kit

Eric_Luttrell

Dirt Disciple
I recently picked up a Holdsworth tricycle conversion kit and am wondering if those work into the serial number chart in any way. It would be great to get an idea of when it was made. I've been wanting one for a long while and finally got one in pretty decent condition on eBayUK.

The serial number is 1856. I'm on the hunt for some technical info on these Holdsworth kits, if anyone has any sources they could share I'd be grateful indeed. I'd appreciate seeing an exploded diagram of one in particular.

Hope to match it up with a appropriately aged Mistral or another touring frame and build a stunner.

Thanks in advance for any info.

- Eric

Attachments

• Trike01.jpg
    Trike01.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 749
  • No. 1856.jpg
    No. 1856.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 749
I expect the hubs are 40 holes. The shorter rear means the chain is effectively more out of line. You will probably need to be a bit inventive hanging a gear change mechanism. The freewheel block should have enough clearance to screw right up to the flange, not bear on the locking ring thread, or space it out.

Generally suggested the first ride you should cross your arms.

Keith

32 hole actually. The freewheel block sits so far away from the derailleur, I don't see how it could function properly. I've seen photos of it being done though. This is going to be a challenging adventure to be sure.

Eric_Luttrell":8u1226lx said:
32 hole actually. The freewheel block sits so far away from the derailleur, I don't see how it could function properly. I've seen photos of it being done though. This is going to be a challenging adventure to be sure.

Can you post any so we can see what she should/will look like?

Eric_Luttrell":3jyi1o7w said:

The threading on the drive looks like a fixed cog one to me. Not a lot of meat to thread a block onto. This could explain your problem with spacing.

Re:

You're right. It's one of the reasons I'm trying to find some good diagrams of these. I have a single-speed freewheel that fits nicely, but I'm still scratching my head over some other technical questions.

Thank you Paul!!!

I'm much obliged. I had not found this. I've just looked at a few posts and I already have learned some stuff and saved down some pictures.

I recently purchased a 1947 Holdsworth La Quelda from Hilary Stone and eventually will mate that with the conversion unit.

This On3wheels forum is going to be extremely helpful, thanks so much again!

- Eric

PeachyPM":17w8zlfj said:
Eric_Luttrell":17w8zlfj said:

Can you post any so we can see what she should/will look like?

Took me a while to find a good one.

I'm finding all sorts of wondrous stuff on this trike forum.

Attachments

• SM - Trike with cluster.jpg
    SM - Trike with cluster.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 556
Back