Bought myself a bit of Amsterdam

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hello people,

I bought myself a Presto. Presto was little builder in Amsterdam. Presto still exists as shop.

Here are already some pics (from the internet listing, nicer later) =>

PrestoopSpeurders1.jpg
PrestoopSpeurders2.jpg

Many Presto where build by Jan Legrand. Jan Legrand was a famous builder/technician. He where the man behind the material of the mighty TI Raleigh and he also contributed to the development of the later Panasonic PR6000 team bicycles. I am unsure on whether my Presto is build by Jan. I am curious to find out. Anyone?

My Presto uses Reynolds 531 for full frame and forks. Dropouts are from Campagnolo. The badge is very nice and inspired on 'het wapen' van Amsterdam: 3 white cross on black and red. Pics soon. Many Prestos also have the 3 cross on top of the seat stays and under the bracket. On my frame they're not present. What is a bit bummer. For seeing that detailing, view this black beaut on Wooljersey.

My Presto has a typical Dutch build (a pragmatic mix):

Dura Ace headset, bottom bracket, cables, cable guides
600 'Arabesque' rear mech
600AX front mech
nice Sugino cranks
Huret shifters
Nuovo Gran Sport high flange hubs (with holes, very nice!)
DA AX quick releases
Cinelli bar, stem

Cheers

Saw the shop last time I was in the 'Dam, Haarlemmerstraat I think. Am a regular visitor, one of my favourite cities in the world. If there were hills, I might even move there!

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Pics... hmmm. The bike is in 1001 pieces now. I think it is best to take pictures of the frameset now, showing detailling. To be continued.

On the Presto shop: On Wooljersey also a pic of the shop in the 70s. Haarlemmerstraat indeed.

presto

I like it. By Jove! Its been made and painted by someone with an eye for delicate elegance.

I've never had these rear dropouts - the eyelets are rounded off. Maybe they've been specially finished. Its all nice anyway.

Back