Nifty Raleigh paint job

Ok so here is a little painting project I've been working on. I've always been into vintage steel, initially driven by budget and style. I've got a couple of fixed gear bikes and a Peugeot road bike with a full Tiagra 4700 group on it but I was lacking a retro downtube shifter bike.
I picked up this frame and thought it would be a great starting point, no rust, most of the decals off, double butted Reynolds 501 tubing, ripe for a strip and custom respray.
A bit of googling and some help on the forums revealed it to be an 80's 'Criterium Triathlon 12', albeit a later one that looked to be modelled on an 'Elan' (single set of bottle bosses and internal rear brake cable entering under top tube).
As it was going back to bare metal I thought I'd get creative, so I sourced some Braze on bits from Ceeway, acquired some silver solder rods, borrowed a blowtorch and watched a bit of YouTube.
On went a second set of bottle bosses on the seat tube, decorative entry point covers on the top tube, a chain hitch on the right seat stay and a race number boss under the top tube. Followed by a little filing to neaten up the Braze (first attempt, not the neatest).
I had a go at stripping it but 80s Raleigh paint proved to be fairly bulletproof, so off to the local shot blaster.
Next up a coat of white primer on the 'spraying jig'
Photos show the frame as bought, post shot blast with some wheels in for a look and with the primer on.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157053716@N06/1zNaTX

Re:

Next step was some neon (it was 80s after all), laid down some neon yellow then a bit of neon pink on the upper sides for the fade effect.

I bought some 501db decals for the frame and forks, plus a Raleigh union flag sticker. They went on with a border masked off around them.
Also as I was going for a unique finish rather than a restoration then I needed some decals.

I opted to name it a Raleigh 'Triathlon' as 'Criterium Triathlon 12' was a bit long winded and I wasn't sure how many speeds it was destined for. I got these cut as vinyl stickers from a well known auction site and they went on next.

Over everything went a couple of coats of 'Nissan Cobalt Blue ' before the masking tentatively came off.

I was feeling pretty pleased with myself by this point working with rattle cans. What it needed to finish though was a decent clear coat. We had some old spraying equipment in the workshop so I got hold of some car grade U-pol clear coat.

I'd never tried spraying before but a bit of YouTube and some test sprays later I was ready to give t a crack. Revelation! Because the paint can be thicker than from a can it sprays really evenly and nice and thick. It gives a great finish straight off and now it's dry it feels like it will really last.

I'm well pleased with the results, and ready to get stuck into the next ones. (I've got an old Gitane that's primed and ready for orange, plus a couple more mystery beasts that I've acquired).

Alas though I'm not keeping this one so if anyone is interested let me know. It's on the fleabay as a frame but I've got a full Exage groupset plus some Mavic/Shimano wheels that I was planning to build it up with.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157053716@N06/iQx5g2

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157053716@N06/mkm2z9

Re:

Thanks, I was feeling pretty smug about it myself!
I've since sprayed a 70s Gitane I rescued (more of a restoration) and a mystery Italian frame that I'm building up with Shimano 6400 as a fun retro project. I'll get photos up once I get around to getting some good ones.

Back