De Rosa Titanio. Style police please!

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bumped into this beauty and couldn't resist.

I'm wondering wether I should sell it or keep it and sell my Morati instead.

For sure it can't stay like this. And, about this, any advice from the style police? I'll change the bars (carbon Cinelli Solida), too narrow, for something shallower and wider. The saddle, an Aliante Carbon, has already gone (unfortunately I just can ride Adamo Saddles). And the ridiculous 20mm tyres will have a short life, too.

Unfortunately, the titanium tubes have a lousy transparent coat which has come out in chips in several parts and got yellowish. A complete stripping would make wonders.

Apart from that, something looks wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Any advice from the style police (other than fitting a Campy gruppo)?

Attachments

• de rosared.jpg
    de rosared.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 660
To me - those rims really don't suit the bike. Hubs yes, but the rims take my attention away from what is a stunning looking frame.

You might have a point there. Helium wheels are period corret but a bit too flashy. Besides, the red has also faded a bit.

I've got a Fulcrum 3 set, but it might be too modern. Will try them, though.

Re:

Black seatpost to match the stem.
Possibly a carbon crank / groupset to keep the black theme going?

Re:

Carbon crank? I have these with a matching post. They might look nice. I would have to take them from the Morati, though. I'm not so sure the De Rosa looks nicer. I will do it as soon as I try it on road and compare the two

Attachments

• photo_03.jpg
    photo_03.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 639
novekili":2wx9detq said:
Apart from that, something looks wrong, but I can't figure out what.

If it were mine:

Change the wheels to something silver
Swap the saddle to black and period
Swap the bottle cage for something less plastic
Silver stem and nicer post
Wider tyres
Lose some frame decals

Cool bike though.

I'm quite reluctant to change the post. I'ta a PMP titanium unit. I think losing the decals would be a nice idea, but the point is that I'd have to strip the frame. The transparent coat has gotten yellowish. I am not sure it's worth the effort.

I've already taken off the lousy decals with the previous owner's name and team and added Fulcrum 3 wheels. At least they are black. For the saddle, I'm obliged to use Adamo ones. I've mounted a black one. The bike hasn't improved much. I'll post other pics as soon as I've washed the bike (lots of rain in Italy in this period).

On its behalf I can say it rides beautifully. I didn't expect such a difference from my Morati.

Back