Remind me about the 80's

mattsccm

Senior Retro Guru
My SBDU ? Raleigh is going back on the road.Back when it was sized for me I wanted long and low to suit me as a supple 20 year old TTer. 35 years later it is too long and low. Did we have available, in the mid 80's, inline seat pins? When did aero brake levers appear? Mine had exposed cables originally but I prefer the tidy lines of hidden ones. (Probably the best era for looks, down tube levers but hidden cables)
Finallyvwaht bar tape was about. Cloth I never liked, it got mucky and wet. Benotto looks nice but is slippery? When did Bike Ribbon appear?
Would like to make it a touch more user friendly but am not spoiling the period touches.

mattsccm":34x8t462 said:
Finallyvwaht bar tape was about. Cloth I never liked, it got mucky and wet. Benotto looks nice but is slippery? When did Bike Ribbon appear?
Would like to make it a touch more user friendly but am not spoiling the period touches.

Bar tape? more than you would ever want to know.

[http://lecycleur.com/style/the-right-handlebar-tape-to-match-your-vintage-bicycle/[/url]

9d7a1d_ed64bdf7fbda4d4db3ccdce2a428de91.jpeg

Racers were modifying brake levers into aero levers in the late 80s, by re-drilling the backs so the cable entered from behind instead of from the top. I think I remember from discussions on here, the first ones on the actual market were around 1991

Latest posts

Back