Carlton Classic All Chrome info required

Ben.jubei

Dirt Disciple
Hi

First post. I have a classic Chrome Carlton road bike and cannot fix the age of it. It’s in good order, 5 speed

Attachments

• ABA30A07-3D3C-4427-A653-F74AD07C1935.jpeg
    ABA30A07-3D3C-4427-A653-F74AD07C1935.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 614
Re:

Numbers found on B.B. are as follows

Front of B.B.
X2108

Under the B.B. SK139RS

It’s all chrome as pictured but has evidence of being part blue? The wheels are matching Dunlop lights.

Looks nice if the chrome is still in good nick?

Spokesmann on here seems to be the expert on all things Carlton :)

Re:

Cheers. Any info would be good. I’m looking to get a decal set for it but don’t want to buy the wrong one. Seems to have had some blue paint on it at some point.

Just the number and date of model I’m stuck on - spokesmann?

Cheers

Early Carlton Cobra before they moved over to Crespera lugs. The blue acylllichrome remaining makes it a ten speed :) late 60''s before they moved over to the Raleigh numbers.

Re:

I thought it might be a Cobra but there is only one brazed guide for the single cable. Not sure if it was ever a 10 speed?

Anyhow the plan is to use this on next years Eroica Britannia so as long as it’s pre 87, which I think it is, it should qualify

By the mid 1970's the Blue Cobra was 10 speed and the red one was 5 speed. The earlier ones had a variety of red / blue / black with multiple areas of masking off and very complicated :). My first ever racing bike :)

Back