Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Advise please, is there much difference between these three amber wall tyres?
They are all in the £20-£30 price bracket with the Vittoria being the cheapest and the Schwalbe the dearest.
I want a tyre for a very occasional sunny day potter about on a classic 50’s Claud Butler sprint bike, so I don’t need to worry about extremes of use.
Any opinions anyone?

Attachments

• Schwalbe-Lugano-T-Active K-guard Silica.jpg
    Schwalbe-Lugano-T-Active K-guard Silica.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,243
  • Continental-giro-road-bike.jpg
    Continental-giro-road-bike.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,242
  • Vittoria-Rally-Road-.jpg
    Vittoria-Rally-Road-.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,241
  • challenge-tubular-elite-road-28-700-x-25c.jpg
    challenge-tubular-elite-road-28-700-x-25c.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,192
Re:

Vittoria Rally can be found in 25mm with which is an advantages if the road is rough, but best overall quality is the Swalbe. There is to much inconsistency in the production of the Rally, I had several bad tyres. The Continental measures only 21mm actual width, and that's pretty narrow for best confort.

I dont see any advantage in Latex tubes its a hazzel to pump them every day, but neither of the above have latex tubes.

PerB":3vubl11f said:
I dont see any advantage in Latex tubes its a hazzel to pump them every day, but neither of the above have latex tubes.
By the way, what is the benifit of latex? if it looses presure so quickly?

Rolls better.

BITD when the advantages of tubular was speed and feel, why compromise that with butyl ... ?

I see, so an important choice when competing, but perhaps not so much when I’m promenading my shiny?

Vittoria Rally tubs i had no luck with. The rear would either blow or develop a slow puncture after not many miles. Maybe i'm too heavy for them. Went through 3 in quick concession.
Now run the Conitinentals and much happier with them so far.

Another one to consider is Challenge Elite (formerly Vulcano). Nice amber wall and it is noticably smoother and more comfortable for me anyway. Cant seem to buy them in the UK so i order from r2-bike.com. Cheap as well.

OnTheUp":3rtzdxzi said:
Vittoria Rally tubs i had no luck with. The rear would either blow or develop a slow puncture after not many miles. Maybe i'm too heavy for them. Went through 3 in quick concession.
Now run the Conitinentals and much happier with them so far.

Another one to consider is Challenge Elite (formerly Vulcano). Nice amber wall and it is noticably smoother and more comfortable for me anyway. Cant seem to buy them in the UK so i order from r2-bike.com. Cheap as well.

Ok so I've added the Challenge Elite to the mix, sorry you'll need to vote again (I didnt realise the poll would be re-set) :facepalm:

Back