Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM April 2018 - Theme month - Retro Mod

This months theme for RBotM is Retro mod.
This being left open to interpretation slightly as it meaning a mixture of Retro and Modern. This could be and quite often is modern parts on a retro frame, maybe the other way round, retro parts on a modern frame etc.
We do see more and more old style bikes with much more modern parts on them on these pages and other social media sites, forums etc so there should be enough builds and interest to make this a great comp.
Thanks to Kingbling for suggesting this theme as it should be something a bit different, but well supported as we know there are lots of builds out there. Brilliant idea!

Usual rules apply, one entry per member, two photos and a brief description/detail on the bike. Hopefully you will have a link to a build thread in there too, if not there is always plenty of time to start one in the readers rides section.
Entries close last day of the month and then a 5 day poll will decide the winner.

Best of luck to all.

Jamie

You mentioned something you ‘regret selling’. You have to own it to enter it.

This is my retromod Rourkie. A 531C frame finished in cream and pearlescent winefire red. The head badge was custom painted too. It has a Campag 11 speed mix of Record and Super Record, Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and Ritchey classic silver finishing kit. The saddle is a red Brooks Swallow from the Union Jack range whiche were produced to celebrate the Olympics

Attachments

• IMG_7224.jpg
    IMG_7224.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 9,364
  • IMG_7223.jpg
    IMG_7223.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 9,364
Re:

SammyS' modernized Pinarello super prestige.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=382768

pinarello-super-prestige-modernized-35033_1.jpg

pinarello-super-prestige-modernized-35033_5.jpg

Re:

Ohhh, this months right (rides) up my street, thank you.

Here's my late 1980's Keith Coppell in original finish complete with SRAM running gear and Dura Ace carbon wheels. Currently awaiting a rebuild after many miles, summer and winter.

DSC_0069.JPG

DSCN0990.JPG

Re: Re:

NeilM":n57ypbkl said:
Ohhh, this months right (rides) up my street, thank you.

Here's my late 1980's Keith Coppell in original finish complete with SRAM running gear and Dura Ace carbon wheels. Currently awaiting a rebuild after many miles, summer and winter.

DSC_0069.JPG

DSCN0990.JPG

Cheddar Gorge me thinks... nice coppell to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back