Holdsworth 1970's professional bike

Ollie.J.D

Retro Newbie
Hi There,

I am wondering if anyone could help..

I found an old Holdsworth professional in my late Aunt's garage and have since restored it. I believe i have attached some images.

I am struggling to find its year or any further information.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ollie

Attachments

• IMG_4430 (2).jpg
    IMG_4430 (2).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_4432.jpg
    IMG_4432.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 536
You 'found' this?! I wish all my late aunts' garages had contained similar items.....................

Chrome still looks good and the bike as a whole seems very original and clean. Have you done any work on it or is this how you found it?

And who's was it originally, do you know?

Hi Old Ned,

I certainly did, along with a Claud butler step through bike of a similar period, they were my late auntie and unlcles. I believe my Uncle purchased them new on the same date in order for them to be able to cycle together down in south Wales.

I have done a fair bit of work on it, mostly just Elbow grease, but new cables and handle bar tape professionally fitted. The wheels have been polished up since this photo also.

Cheers,

Ollie

Just out of curiosity what is stamped on the top of the rear mech. Should be PAT followed by a number.

1980 rear mech, it's a few years younger than the frame :) Cranks look like Shimano, there should be a date code on them as well.

Nice to have an Aunt who has a treasure trove like this where your find came from...

Back