80s MODUCEL pro cycling team

Fifthgrace

Retro Guru
I've put together a blog about MODUCEL, an 80s pro cycling team, based in Stoke on Trent, which I hope you find interesting as there was no previous dedicated resource. The blog reveals how the speculative purchase of a frame can make for an interesting journey!

https://moducel.wordpress.com/

Any info/anecdotes/pics relating to MODUCEL Cycle team and riders incl Steve Joughin and Sid Barras would be welcome as further contributions.

Your yellow frame is a Rourke :). The Phil Chorley decalled frame reminds me of a Falcon Super Pro. Nice to see some pics of the 80's :)

Oops, missed that skipping through your blog, sorry.

Nigel Dean did a good line of touring frames with his name on them. BITD Sid Barras won lots of races but IMHO was never an exciting rider, just sort of hung around and sprinted at the end.......even if he did have a column in "the comic" lol

Midlife":26if6z5a said:
Your yellow frame is a Rourke :). The Phil Chorley decalled frame reminds me of a Falcon Super Pro. Nice to see some pics of the 80's :)

Ref Phil Corley: some Forums suggest one or more of the riders was on a Pennine bike at this time- so interested to know if it's this or a Falcon.

Re Phil Corley, the seat stay caps are quite long and thin which was typical of the Falcon Super Pro. Maybe it was a feature of the non Reynolds tubing used on the Falcon.

Fifthgrace":1zb6ff64 said:
Midlife":1zb6ff64 said:

Ref Phil Corley: some Forums suggest one or more of the riders was on a Pennine bike at this time- so interested to know if it's this or a Falcon.
Could have been Dudley Hayton. He is from Bradford after all.

Interesting blog, thanks. I remember the team and especially the diamond emblazoned jerseys well, especially in the Channel 4 City Centre events .

Many of which I probably still have on VHS somewhere.

It looks like Phil Chorley rode for Falcon Before moving to Moducel. Perhaps he continued to use one of the Falcon bikes with just his name on it and Falcon badges removed?

Re:

I vaguely remember Rourkie p4oviding Moducel frames. I worked there when I left school. The yellow frame looks very much like a Rourke to me and they were 753 accredited. They have good records of frame numbers still

Back