Frame Panto Puzzle

nonowt

rBotM Winner
Looking at a 70s/80s frame online but can't work out the makers mark on the seat cluster: "DS" or "DM" maybe? Anyone able to give a positive ID?

Cheers
Nonowt

Attachments

• 20180212_191320.png
    20180212_191320.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 630
Re:

Maybe. It's in South Yorkshire so that would tie-in but I can't see one the same online. Only Dave Marsh panto I could see was the DM cyclist stick figure.

Re:

Or even DE?

It turns out to be too small for me so I can be less cagey with the details!

It's badged as an Ellis Briggs, the seller thinks its a Briggs but the panto put a doubt in my mind.

More pics:

Attachments

• ebmyst~2.jpg
    ebmyst~2.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 565
  • ebmy2.jpg
    ebmy2.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 565
Nicely made Demi-Course, neat shore lines on the lugs. Ellis Briggs will finish anything and stick their name on it :). The maker who went to all the trouble with the panto would have put his name on it lol. The only exception I can think of is Kevin Sayles who has his own stamp but the frames are decalled Woodrup.

I guess you are quite tall :)

There's a 531 respray decal on it so I guess Ellis Briggs repainted and lug-lined it at some point. The fork crown is Zeus - 2000 but that's not that uncommon. it seems to be spec'd with various flavours of Shimano 600 and possibly Dura Ace shifters. The slight worry is that the black marks on the rear stays is paint-loss and hopefully just surface rust.

Yep, I'm stupidly tall - 6'6". I'm really trying hard to stop buying bikes that are too small but they keep cropping up "cheap" and then I start to feel sorry for them! :facepalm: :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back