RBotY - Road Bike Of The Year 2017! Poll Now Up - VOTE NOW!

RBotY 2017

• January: JSH - 1982 Rourke

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • February: Marge602 - 1991 Trek 1200

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • February: NeilM - 1997 Specialized Allez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March: BlueDevil63 - 1981 Zues Super Cronos

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • May: BlueDevil63 - 1979 Bianchi Super Legarra

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • July: NeilM - Dave Lloyd

• July: BlueDevil63 - Cinelli Speciale Corsa

• August: Spokesmann - Carlton Flyer

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • October: Montello - Pinerello Montello

• December: Big Block - Malvern Star

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to the RetroBIKE; Road Bike of the Year competition!

This is where we compile the winners from 2017 in one place so you, the retro road public can chose a winner of winners!

This like many other things we have tried will also have it's success judged by how well it is supported by you guys and gals. Hopefully it will be success but we always can do with more people voting. There are so many people regularly active and participating in the road section but we are finding it is only a small percentage that bother to vote. So to the regulars and also those that are just passing through, pass the word and post in your regular section about the great builds to be found here, get your friends and fellow area guys to drop by, have a look and tick a box for their favourite. It all helps.

With that being said we are grateful for the great support we do receive, not just for the competition but for feedback on some of the small changes and deviations from normal to try and boost the comp, to try and inject some enthusiasm into certain sections. Some of these work and some have made no difference.
So with that being said we will return to the monthly competitions for this year, will try and make every other one a themed month. So any suggestions for themes just drop me a PM and we will see what we can do. Tried this year to ease the last six months to just being bi monthly, hoping to make that brevity spark more interest in case people were just bored with it and to be honest it made no difference. The numbers, both votes and entries were as per a normal month. These are up and down generally each year but overall this year was, in my opinion a success. The standard and quality of entries is very high but encompasses all that makes up the road section here at Retrobike. From wall hanging historic pieces to daily riders they have all been welcomed and the voting shows the diverse taste and that any bike in any given month can win through. So please, keep them coming :)

Without any further ado, the envelope please...............................

January: JSH - 1982 Rourke
JSH_1982Rourke by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

February: Marge602 - 1991 Trek 1200
marge602 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

February: NeilM - 1997 Specialized Allez
NeilM by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

March: BlueDevil63 - 1981 Zues Super Cronos
BlueDevil63 1981 Zeus Super Cronos by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

May: BlueDevil63 - 1979 Bianchi Super Legarra
BlueDevil63 - Bianchi 1979 Supre Leggera by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

July: NeilM - Dave Lloyd
NeilM-DaveLloyd by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

July: BlueDevil63 - Cinelli Speciale Corsa
BlueDevil63-Cinelli Corsa by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

August: Spokesmann - Carlton Flyer
Spokesman - 1960 Carlton Flyer by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

October: Montello - Pinerello Montello
blue-montello-2 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

December: Big Block - Malvern Star
BigBlockMalvernStar by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Great looking bikes. Would like to vote but can't seem to make it happen. Technical problems or just me?

Thanks.

Hi Ceduna
It may well be a technical issue as we have a couple now and again.
I'll send you a PM and we can take it from there. If I can't sort it quickly I will pass it on to one of the other mods so we will get it one way or another :)

Jamie

Re:

easy choice for me. Not that some are weak entries, but there is one above all I'd love to own

on a personal note, thanks for your efforts throughout the year Jamie keeping the competition alive and interesting. It's another job you've taken on, on top of everything you have going outside of RB

Thanks guys but it really isn't a chore collating all these lovely machines each month :)
It's only hard to think of a way to consistently bring more interest to it as even just on the road section here it is a small percentage of members who enter and vote. It's still a good number just that we know there could be more, and we all know someone who has a great build that could be entered. I just think there are some really great builds and rides on here and the more people we can share them with the better. It will hopefully inspire someone to finish a build or dig that old frame out the shed etc. That's not to take away from it as the numbers are slowly going up for votes and entries. The last twelve months showed a few varied ideas for the comp and regardless the standard for entries, votes and tone of comments was always very high, which is why we will just get back to a comp each month with a few themes thrown in. The prizes were a good idea and always good to give something away as I am sure it is to win something, so I will try and see what we can do this year with regards to trying to do something consistently with this, in the short term it may be a bit sporadic.

Now for this month it really is a hard decision, I only voted tonight as I couldn't make up my mind. It was between two in my case.

Best of luck to all
Jamie

Back